- AFRICA, DOES IT THE NATIVE WAY AS VILLAGERS invigilate O and A level exams in Karoi, Zvishavane, Mberengwa, Mutare, Uzumba, Maramba and Pfungwe,
- MDC-T LEADER THOKOZANI KHUPE HAS EXPELLED EIGHT SENATORS from parliament as they no longer represent the interests of the MDC-T party with effect from June 30 June 2020
- PAKISTAN-180 PASSENGERS RETURNING TO SOUTH AFRICA AND ZIMBABWE, RELIEVED AFTER 'MAZAMBURA RURAL BUS SERVICE' -a.ka.a Air Zimbabwe' 8767-200 ER aircraft with 17 crew and 2 passengers emergency landing,-this time it had not run out of fuel, just the left engine shut down!
- OVER 42 NURSES AND 26 STUDENT NURSES AT THE UNITED BULAWAYO HOSPITALS (UBH) quarantined following the death of a 79-year-old woman who succumbed to Covid-19 last week.
- A GWANDA miner(31) , allegedly strangling his workmate and dumping the body on a railway line, where it was crushed by a train to conceal the murder.
Grace Mugabe was back to her shrill and acerbic best on Friday.
“I’m not Mugabe’s prostitute. How about you? Can you count your prostitutes?
“Stop talking when you know there’s only filth behind you,” said Grace, wife to the country’s 92-year-old leader.
She added: “I’m abused; they say I’m undignified and ill-mannered.
“What about you and your 1,000 wives? If you see a men bedding multiple women, they don’t have respect for women.”
Grace was addressing a rally at Kanyemba Secondary School in Chiweshe, Mashonaland West.
The gathering was billed as a meet-the-people rally but allies of the beleaguered Vice President (VP) Emmerson Mnangagwa would likely describe it as an ‘attack the Croc’ campaign; the VP is also called the ‘Crocodile’.
Grace did not name Mnangagwa but promised that would soon come.
She appeared to be following the same strategy she used when she launched a campaign that culminated in the ouster of former vice president Joice Mujuru in 2014 for allegedly plotting President Robert Mugabe’s ouster.
On Friday Mnangagwa was similarly accused of coveting residency at State House. But Grace said her clothes would remain in the wardrobes there.
“Which post are you dreaming of occupying? Whose seat? Didn’t you hear there’s no vacancy at State House?
“We’re still there, my clothes, my things and my children are there,” she said.
Mnangagwa reportedly leads a Zanu PF faction keen to see Mugabe retire to allow a new leadership to take over while Grace is the figurehead of the so-called G40 group said to be determined to ensure the VP does not succeed the veteran leader.
Two army officers and activists from a fringe political party were recently arrested and charged with trying to bomb a dairy company owned by Grace.
At her Chiweshe rally, the First Lady blamed to foiled attack on Mnangagwa and his group.
“If your plan is to bomb our dairy to induce fear, hoping we’ll surrender power, then you must be mad, very mad.”
Grace claimed the attack would have killed thousands of vulnerable orphans she looks after at her Mazowe complex.
“Aren’t you ashamed? Killing other people’s children when you’ve yours, all 20,000 of them? Mugabe only has the three.
photo-nehandaradio-Grace Mugabe with Emmerson Mnangagwa