- RTD GEN VICE PRESIDENT CHIWENGA'S EX WIFE, MARRY MUBAIWA WAS YESTERDAY BROUGHT TO COURT IN AN AMBULANCE, carried into the building on a stretcher and then pushed into the courtroom on a wheelchair while on an intravenous injection, after a warrant of arrest was issued against her for failing to attend a court remand hearing on charges of attempted murder and externalising foreign currency.
- Johannesburg. — PRICES OF FOOD AND OTHER COMMODITIES are likely to increase as a backlash from the ongoing attacks on trucks in South Africa forces distributors to seek alternative logistics.
- SOME WESTERN COUNTRIES ARE POURING SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNTS of money through non-governmental organisations (NGOs) to unite feuding MDC factions.
- ABUKA. — 110 RICE FARMERS KILLED BY BOKO HARAM ISLAMIST INSURGENTS in Nigeria’s northeast , a United Nations official said.
- FORMER Finance Minister, Tendai Biti has described as a ‘bank heist', businessman Kuda Tagwirei's reported acquisition of ZB Bank and becoming a major shareholder against the provisions of the Banking Act.
Zimbabwe National Students Union leader Takudzwa Ngadziore, 22, was arrested on Thursday last week a few days after he took part in a demonstration outside Impala Car Rental which is accused of leasing its cars to state security agents who abducted a student in Bulawayo.
Ngadziore was released on Z$2,000 bail on Monday and ordered not to go 100 meters of Impala Car Rental.
Impala reportedly leased out dozens of vehicles to security forces ahead of planned anti-government protests on July 31. The vehicles were used in human rights violations across the country, including a Ford Ranger vehicle which was used to abduct 22-year-old journalism student Tawanda Muchehiwa in Bulawayo on July 30.
The students have been demanding that Impala Car Rental comes clean on the individuals involved in Muchehiwa’s abduction, and the location where he was driven to be tortured over three days before he was dumped back in Bulawayo badly injured. Source – bloomberg