- Doctors now in 2nd month of a strike, and Zimbabwe teachers will only work 2 days a week and no longer abide by the formal dress code
- Zimbabwe Gender Commission (ZGC) says tertiary institutions must introduce uniforms for female students, ostensibly to avoid sexual abuse.
- FORMER FINANCE MINISTER ,MDC Alliance VP Tendai Biti says Zimbabwe will collapse in six months owing to the run away inflation .
- A CHIMANIMANI woman Sibongile Mlambo like Grace Mugabe, locked up boyfriend Robert Manzou's body (40)for two days as she left for another binge.
- CHAMISA KHUPHE FIGHT in new twist in the battle for control of the MDC opposition party
Tracy Manase (59) from Chizemo village, under Chief Mutambara, appeared before Mutare magistrate Nortilda Muchineripi who, however, suspended 12 months of the sentence on condition that she restitute US$15 000.
Another 12 months were suspended on condition she will not commit a similar offense in the next five years.
In her mitigation, Manase told the court she was paid a paltry ZWL$120 monthly, suggesting that this may have tempted her to steal the money. She then begged for forgiveness.
“I was being given ZWL$120 as my salary,” she said
“I am asking for forgiveness my Lord, l want to call my sons and relatives so that they can pay back the money.”
The complainant in the matter is Joyce Mukono (49) from Zimre Park in Harare and is not employed.
According to the State, in March this year, the complainant gave her sister Mutsvangwa, who was the accused’s employer, US$25 000 for safekeeping.
Manase reportedly took the US$25 000, resigned from her workplace at the end of May and went to her rural home in Chimanimani.
On an unknown date in the month of June the complainant asked for her money back and Mutsvangwa informed her that the money had gone missing.
The complainant carried out her own investigations and found out that the accused was hiring workers at her rural home and paying them in United States dollars.
The complainant made a report at Mutare Central Police and proceeded to the accused’s rural home with police officers where they recovered US$3 200 cash and groceries worth US$6 200.
Shipping vehicles from UK to Zimbabwe for lessSource – newsday
INFORMATION IS POWER!-Thank you for the support. Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to firstname.lastname@example.org ,linkedin.com/in/sibusiso-ngwenya-563a572b or whatsapp to Mr Sibusiso Ngwenya 0044 79 3 9100534 for publication on the constantly growing online groups, currently standing as follows1) Global News 4us all 206,372Members2) Democratic Prosperous Future 32,224 Members3) Climate, Green Energy, Pollution 18,708 members4) Newzimbabwevision.com website 22,802 likes22,796 followers