- ITS TIME WE ALL, go back into the streets and make Zimbabwe ungovernable as gvt is recruiting nurses to replace the 15000 nurses fired by Rtd Gen, VP Chiwenga two days ago #Munhuwesemuroad!
- CIVIL RIGHTS WATCH AFRIFORUM SEEKS TO HAVE GRACE MUGABE diplomatic immunity by the South African government.
- THE DICTATOR MUGABE IS GONE but the Zanu pf dictatorship remains, actually stronger than before and now under Mnangagwa, Zanu pf stalwarts, securocrats and the military regime
- ZANU-PF's BIKITA EAST MP Kennedy Matimba collapsed and died at a private hospital, Makurira Memorial Hospital in Masvingo on Tuesday night
- THOMAS MAPFUMO, MUKANYA, an icon of Chimurenga liberation war music and longterm musician, arrived last night at Zimbabwe's Harare Robert Mugabe International Airport
A MAN from Insuza, Matabeleland North, allegedly killed his wife at her employer’s house in Bulawayo’s Tshabalala suburb, before hanging himself yesterday.
Munyaradzi Moyo, said to be about 35-years-old, allegedly committed suicide in the presence of two children aged three and six around 2PM.
He had allegedly viciously stabbed Nomsa Mvere, who sources said was in her mid 20s, twice.
Mvere had started work as a maid at the house yesterday.
It is suspected her husband travelled from Insuza to kill her. The motive for the callous killing is still not known.
Moyo is suspected to have failed at his first suicide attempt after a satellite dish cable that he had fixed around his neck snapped. He succeeded at the second attempt, with a piece of cloth.
A source close to the family said neighbours heard Mvere screaming for help.
The source said neighbours who came to rescue her found the door locked from inside.
“Mvere was heard screaming. ‘Ngincedani bantu’ (Help me) and neighbours came to help but it seems it was too late as he had already killed her. He must have hanged himself when they were still trying to open the door,” said the source.
The source said neighbours broke asbestos sheets from the roof of the flat to gain entry into the house.
“A gory scene met them. The bloodied body of the woman was lying on the floor and the man was hanging from a piece of cloth,” said the source.
“A piece of cloth had been used to gag the older child while the younger one was fast asleep.”
Scores of residents gathered in shock at the scene waiting to see the bodies. Homicide detectives arrived at around 5.30 PM to remove the bodies.
A police officer at the scene said the deceased couple’s address in Insuza was yet to be established.
Bulawayo police spokesperson Inspector Precious Simango said investigations are in progress.
Mvere’s employer, who was only identified as MaPhiri, said she had visited a doctor in the city when the incident occurred.
“I received news about the incident when I was in the queue to see a doctor and I had to rush back. Nomsa had just started work today and in the morning she was well, she did not seem to me like someone who was troubled. It’s really traumatising to leave your house in order then find a pool of blood in just a few hours of your absence,” said MaPhiri as she shed tears.
Source – chronicle