- INTERAFRICA BUS FROM BULAWAYO MUTARE; -An Interafrica bus from Bulawayo to Mutare was involved in a head on collision with a UD truck yesterday near Masvingo and six people were killed.
- 25 DEAD, 60 INJURED AFTER GUNMEN OPENED FIRE ON AN IRANIAN MILITARY PARADE- Gunmen have opened fire on an Iranian military parade in the south-western city of Ahvaz, killing at least 25 people, including civilians, and injuring 60, state media say
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER NELSON CHAMISA has ordered Victoria Falls mayor Somvelo Dhlamini to step down.
- ZIMBABWE CIRCUS CONTINUES AS the Ambrose Mutinhiri-led National Patriotic Front has disbanded and its officials are rejoining Zanu-PF after realising that the events that led to the removal of the Robert Mugabe-led government in November last year were in the best interests of the country.
- VICE PRESIDENT RTD GEN CHIWENGA advised to sieze total Zimbabwe power at all costs amid reported growing suspicion by his personal military advisor and confidant, exiled and fallen Ethiopian autarch, Mengistu Haile Mariam,
The International Monetary Fund (IMF), which is dispatching a mission to Harare next week, has ruled out giving any financial assistance to Zimbabwe until all external debts are settled.
The IMF is expected in the country from August 31st to September 11th to undertake the second review of the Staff Monitored Programme (SMP).
Finance Minister Patrick Chinamasa has for years been requesting for fresh funds from the IMF so the country can clear its external debt and move forward.
Government insiders say the economic situation is now worsening.
IMF resident representative to Zimbabwe, Christian Beddies, told VOA Studio 7 that engagement with Harare is continuing. Source – VOA- See more at: http://www.newzimbabwevision.com