- ZIMBABWE WOMEN-WAKE UP!-photos here depict reality in Zimbabwe's society.
- PROMINENT Bulawayo cultural activist, Peter Zwide Kalanga Khumalo, was unveiled as King Nyamande Lobengula II
- Morgan Tsvangirai’s mother caused a scene at Robert Mugabe Square in Harare yesterday when she refused to disembark from the hearse carrying her son’s body at a send-off ceremony for MDC-T party supporters.
- MDC-T leader Mr Morgan Tsvangirai’s widow, Ms Elizabeth Macheka, did not accompany her husband’s body to Buhera for burial as pressure mounted on her from the Tsvangirai family that she should not attend the funeral.
- 'FOWL PLAY-Why did the chicken cross the road?'-UK fast food giant KFC has been forced to close 600 of its 900 branches
The International Monetary Fund (IMF), which is dispatching a mission to Harare next week, has ruled out giving any financial assistance to Zimbabwe until all external debts are settled.
The IMF is expected in the country from August 31st to September 11th to undertake the second review of the Staff Monitored Programme (SMP).
Finance Minister Patrick Chinamasa has for years been requesting for fresh funds from the IMF so the country can clear its external debt and move forward.
Government insiders say the economic situation is now worsening.
IMF resident representative to Zimbabwe, Christian Beddies, told VOA Studio 7 that engagement with Harare is continuing. Source – VOA- See more at: http://www.newzimbabwevision.com