- Dr SOLWAYO NGWENYA tweets that Dr Peter Mugobeyi who was abducted almost a week ago has been found disoriented and trying to get lifts to Harare'
- MUGABE'S COUSIN IGNATIOUS CHOMBO'S HEALTH deteriorates and government denies him his passport to seek medical attention from abroad
- #Free Zimbabwe World Awareness Campaign Mnangagwa faces protests at the UN General Assembly in New York next week, from Zimbabweans based in the US
- Chamisa $720k richer as Mnangagwa's treasury releases $3.4 million to MDC under the Political Parties Finance Act.
- DOCTORS, protesting Peter Magombeyi abduction on Saturday after calling for a pay strike, blocked by riot police
Higher Education minister Jonathan Moyo on Monday evening hinted that Finance minister Patrick Chinamasa could be part of Zanu PF Lacoste faction.
Moyo’s suggestion stems from a recent Parliamentary Portfolio Committee on Public Accounts report that revealed that Chinamasa owe government $19 000 in loan arrears.
Moyo said if Chinamasa was aligned to G40 camp which he himself belongs, the Zimbabwe Anti Corruption Commission would have already acted.
He posted on his twitter account: “@NewsDayZimbabwe “Chinamasa owes Govt $19K loan areas”. What? If this was a case of so-called G40 they’d call Zacc!… “.
This was in reference to his own troubles involving alleged abuse of thousands of Zimdef funds.
The parliamentary report said the $19 000 was advanced to Chinamasa as a loan during his tenure as Justice minister.
Moyo’s assertions drew comments from twitter users.
Trust Matselele asked “@ProfJNMoyo is Chinamasa Lacoste?”
@tlsibanda said “@ProfJNMoyo Tajamuka must go and protest outside his office or institute a court application !!!!”.
The Tajamuka movement stormed Zimdef offices in Harare recently with an aim of arresting Moyo. By Mary Charamba. Source – Byo24News