- NELSON CHAMISA'S CCC to boycott 2023 elections
- 11 CAR PILE UP at Coca-Cola Intersection Graniteside Harare
- KINGDOM HOTEL (African Sun Limited) Victoria Falls has announced it is shutting down in January 2022 after failing to agree on lease terms with First Capital Bank, owners of the property.
- 20 000 ZIMBABWE SCHOOL GIRLS fell pregnant between September last 2021 and August 2022
- PRESIDENT Mnangagwa and his VP Chiwenga will take home $69,2 million as their combined basic annual salaries in 2023,
Higher Education minister Jonathan Moyo is being persecuted for supporting President Robert Mugabe, acting president Phelekezela Mphoko has further claimed.
On Sunday, Mphoko said a clique behind Moyo’s planned arrest wanted to destabilise government.
“His only crime is that he supports the President and those who want to have him arrested are people who do not support the President because the one million man march is a Zanu-PF initiative and the 21st February Movement is a legacy of the President. So why do you arrest such a person?” he said. Mphoko said they are now launched a witch-hunt to fish out the culprits.Moyo is accused of benefitting from close to $270 000 which was corruptly syphoned out of Zimdef by ministry and fund official.
Part of the money was used to procure bicycles for chiefs in Tsholotsho.
At the weekend Moyo admitted to embezzling the funds but said he channelled them towards a national event. source-byo24