- Long-serving Zimpapers Masvingo Correspondent Walter Mswazie ,45 died from kidney failure at Makurira Memorial Clinic today.
- TENS OF THOUSANDS OF BRITONS stranded abroad by the coronavirus will be flown home under a new arrangement between the government and airlines.
- BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSE came minutes before Italian restaurant chain Carluccio's also fell into administration.
- BrightHouse - the biggest rent-to-own operator in the UK - has collapsed, after an influx of compensation claims for selling to people, many on low incomes and difficulty to access credit from mainstream lenders unable to repay and its shops were then shut owing to coronavirus restrictions on retailers.
- Zimbabweans fled towns yesterday to their rural homes for food security over the 21-day Corona lockdown which came into effect last night
JONATHAN MOYO the Minister of Higher and Tertiary Education will miss today’s National University of Science and Technology (NUST) graduation ceremony as he will be appearing in court in Harare to answer to charges of corruption in the Zimdef funds. The Zimbabwe Manpower Development Fund (Zimdef) fund is administered by the Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education and Jonathan Moyo stands accused with his deputy Gandawa over misappropriating Zimdef funds. They will both appear in court today having been arrested by Zimbabwe Anti corruption commission (Zacc) a few days ago and released into the care of their lawyers oending today’s court appearance. More news to follow…By Sibusiso Ngwenya