- A 19-YEAR-OLD BULAWAYO DOMESTIC WORKER FOUGHT OFF two knife-wielding men and sent them fleeing after they broke into a house and tried to rape her and her employer's daughters aged seven and 14 years,
- MDC-T National Council, the Supreme-decision-making body in between Congresses met today deliberated on key issues affecting the partyand fired the MDC T Vice President Thokozani Khuphe
- MUGABE:-BLAME NDEBELES, ZAPU AND ZIPRA FOR GUKURAHUNDI
- The Progressive Teachers Union of Zimbabwe (PTUZ) Secretary - General Mr Raymond Majongwe has threatened to take the government to court for failing to address hunger and schooling equipment for school children after 38 years of independence.
- MDC-T NATIONAL CHAIRMAN LOVEMORE MOYO, YESTERDAY QUIT BOTH HIS POSITION AND MDC T PARTY citing, among other issues, what he called the unconstitutional power grab by leader Mr Nelson Chamisa.
How Interpol stopped Mnangagwa from fleeing Zimbabwe
There are reports that former vice president Emmerson Mnangagwa had to walk back to the Zimbabwean border as Interpol and police searched the Mercedes Benz ML he was trying to skip the country in.
Apparently, the former VP was trying to enter Mozambique.
According to Daily News, eyewitnesses claim that Mnangagwa had sensed trouble when his luxurious Mercedes Benz ML was subjected to a 20-minute search by Interpol and local police details just after 0700 hours.
The publication reports that as the commotion escalated, the former VP had apparently alighted from the vehicle and proceeded to stand on the side walk.
It could not be established what the police were looking for.
Dressed in a black Poor Boy cap and brown suit, Mnangagwa apparently began walking back to the Zimbabwe border entry point, after realising that he would not be allowed to leave the country.
The eyewitnesses said at that point a police detail had shouted at him, ordering him to stop – prompting another cop to run after the former VP.
The second police officer caught him and immediately released him upon realising who he was, a few minutes later, another ZRP Support Unit officer stepped forward and stopped him.
According to TellZim, “Another policeman who had his AK47 cocked was unfortunate as he was kicked by Mnangagwa’s aide who had come to whisk him away. They fled the scene in two cars while the other car managed to cross the border.” Source – Daily News/TellZim