- 'ZIMBABWE'S RESETTLED FARMERS will no longer get free assistance from government, such as seed, fertiliser, diesel and tractors amongst other agricultural inputs, as the command agriculture programme is "riddled with corruption'-Zimbabwe's minister of finance Mthuli Ncube
- CHAMISA vs KHUPE MDCC-T LEADERSHIP feud is still a major issue in parliarment.
- 'THE ONE WHO FELLED MUGABE' Zimbabwe's vice president RTD Gen Chiwenga has been flown back to Zimbabwe from hospital in South Africa.
- NEW NURSING REQUIREMENTS: Zimbabwe's government has tightened nursing entry requirements.
- ZIMBABWE CONSTITUTION COURT REPEALS SECTION 27 OF POSA and outlaws police bans on protests.
Saviour Kasukuwere Local Government minister yesterday challenged Harare City Council officials to cut down on their hefty salaries to reduce the local authority’s ballooning wage bill instead of targeting low-income earners in its proposed retrenchment exercise.
Officially opening a housing project by Homelink in Tynwald, Harare, Kasukuwere said council was wrong in trying to fire 3 000 employees on three months’ notice without addressing the issue of managers’ mega salaries.
Kasukuwere, however, said unproductive workers should be laid off.- Source-newsday