- BUS DRIVER HIJACKS AND SETS SCHOOL BUS alight full of handcuffed children 'in retaliation' for migrant drownings
- CYCLONE IDAI VICTIMS (St Charles Lwanga High School students stranded with corpses)
- A woman (67) 'serial stowaway' sneaked past Chicago airport security, and boarded a plane to London without a ticket.
- MDC Alliance dismantling patriarchy towards a people’s movement, and promoting an inclusive people's movement that honours and respects women
- CYCLONE IDAI 300 bodies floating in water, 217 Missing, 102 Injured , 42 Marooned
Saviour Kasukuwere Local Government minister yesterday challenged Harare City Council officials to cut down on their hefty salaries to reduce the local authority’s ballooning wage bill instead of targeting low-income earners in its proposed retrenchment exercise.
Officially opening a housing project by Homelink in Tynwald, Harare, Kasukuwere said council was wrong in trying to fire 3 000 employees on three months’ notice without addressing the issue of managers’ mega salaries.
Kasukuwere, however, said unproductive workers should be laid off.- Source-newsday