- MDC vice-chair Sikhala has threatened to initiate constitutional processes to push out Mnangagwa's government from power as the economic turmoil and deteriorating social and political space in Zimbabwe could not be allowed to continue.
- SIX Mutoko parents and teachers were arrested on Thursday for staging a protest against the deterioration of standards in the education sector
- 'A Twin Farm , Dromoland, Zimbabwe farmer has been arrested for shooting and injuring his two neighbours for trespassing into his property'
- AN Inyathi farmer of Twin Farm in Dromoland, Zimbabwe has been arrested on charges of shooting and injuring his two neighbours for trespassing into his property
- 'RYANAIR BOSS Michael O'Leary branded 'racist' after suggesting Muslim men should face extra searches at airports. because Muslim men 'are more likely to be terrorists'
Local Government, Public Works and National Housing Minister Saviour Kasukuwere has singled out Bulawayo mayor mayor, Martin Moyo as stumbling block in providing land for housing projects.
He said the local authority officials are busy allocating themselves land for self enrichment.
He attacked Moyo for allegedly resisting Government moves to provide land for ordinary people.
This was after Moyo was quoted in the media saying council did not have the capacity to service 20 000 residential stands on 300 hectares.
Bulawayo’s housing waiting list stands at 100 000.
“We will visit Bulawayo very soon, to inspect the land that has been made available and monitor the progress that the Minister of State in the province Amai Sandi-Moyo has made to date with regards to the land we have set aside for the young people. The same will be done in Harare and other areas. We have to make land available to people for them to build and own homes,” said Kasukuwere. Source: Herald