- RTD GEN VICE PRESIDENT CHIWENGA'S EX WIFE, MARRY MUBAIWA WAS YESTERDAY BROUGHT TO COURT IN AN AMBULANCE, carried into the building on a stretcher and then pushed into the courtroom on a wheelchair while on an intravenous injection, after a warrant of arrest was issued against her for failing to attend a court remand hearing on charges of attempted murder and externalising foreign currency.
- Johannesburg. — PRICES OF FOOD AND OTHER COMMODITIES are likely to increase as a backlash from the ongoing attacks on trucks in South Africa forces distributors to seek alternative logistics.
- SOME WESTERN COUNTRIES ARE POURING SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNTS of money through non-governmental organisations (NGOs) to unite feuding MDC factions.
- ABUKA. — 110 RICE FARMERS KILLED BY BOKO HARAM ISLAMIST INSURGENTS in Nigeria’s northeast , a United Nations official said.
- FORMER Finance Minister, Tendai Biti has described as a ‘bank heist', businessman Kuda Tagwirei's reported acquisition of ZB Bank and becoming a major shareholder against the provisions of the Banking Act.
The Thokozani Khupe-led MDC-T yesterday removed Hwange Central MP Daniel Molokele from the chairmanship of the Parliamentary Portfolio Committee on Higher and Tertiary Education.
Speaker of the National Assembly Jacob Mudenda yesterday announced that Molokele had been removed and replaced by Lindiwe Maphosa, who crossed over to the MDC-T.
Maphosa came into Parliament in 2018 through a proportional representation (PR) seat under the MDC Alliance party list.
The other replacements that were made to chairmanship of committees were, however, of MPs that were recalled from Parliament recently.
In his announcement, Mudenda said: “The MDC-T has nominated the following to be chairpersons of committees; Southerton MP Peter Moyo will take over from former Kuwadzana MP Chalton Hwende as chairperson of the Information Communication Technology Portfolio Committee. Yvonne Musarurwa (MDC-T) is now the new chairperson of the Environment Portfolio Committee and will replace former PR MP Concillia Chinanzvavana (MDC Alliance). Molokele will be replaced by Maphosa.”
Some of the recalled committee chairpersons like Binga North MP Prince Dubeko Sibanda (former chairperson of the Media and Information Portfolio Committee, Hwende, Molokele and Chinanzvavana were very vocal in the committees. – newsday