- 'COURT UPHOLDS charges against this flag Mawarire, trade unionists Mutasa and Moyo, of trying to subvert a constitutionally elected government'
- SADC REGION DECLARE 25 th October as solidarity day against sanctions on Zimbabwe , and war vets recommend anti-sanctions holiday on 25 th October
- ' A BULAWAYO TOUT (33) KILLED his cousin (40) with an iron bar and broomstick then reported to police that he had found him dead.'
- ZANU PF dep youth league leader Matutu says Prof Moyo has lost relevance and is a useless and permanent fugitive.
- Coltart says Mnangagwa's intensifying of crackdown against the opposition, use of brute force to crush people's dissent indicates gvt fear of the new wave
Descendants of King Lobengula say they want the government to give them back land where the Bulawayo State House was built to restore their heritage.
The King Lobengula Royal Trust wants to turn the area in Sauerstown into a cultural hub that will help preserve Ndebele culture.
Prince Zwide Khumalo said time had come for the government to consider returning the land to its rightful owners.
“The politics of the right to claim ownership of Bulawayo lies in the bitter history of oppression by white colonialists,” he said. “Cecil John Rhodes grabbed the King’s palace, eMahlabathini, and built his house on that land.
“In our culture no one builds his house on another man’s yard (unxiwa) unless with the express permission of the owner of the land.
“The identity of one’s homestead is anchored on the rituals of establishing the home (isikhonkwane). Cecil John Rhodes did not know or care to observe the Ndebele culture when he aggressively grabbed and occupied our land.
“In fact, there is no history record that indicates that isikhonkwane for our palace was ever removed.”
Khumalo said the area where the State House was built used to be King Lobengula’s palace.
Source – the standard
INFORMATION IS POWER!-Thank you for the support. Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to email@example.com ,linkedin.com/in/sibusiso-ngwenya-563a572b or whatsapp to Mr Sibusiso Ngwenya 0044 79 3 9100534 for publication on the constantly growing online groups, currently standing as follows
1) Global News 4us all 208,814 members
2) Democratic Prosperous Future 32,309 Members
3) Climate, Green Energy, Pollution 18,685 members
4) Newzimbabwevision.com website 22,913 likes
Followed by 12,397 people