- Starving Beitbridge doctor, begs for food.
- FULL TEXT: 'I AM SORRY FOR WORKING with ZANU PF' former Deputy Minister in the Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education, Science and Technology Development, Gandawa apologises I
- MDC-T INTERIM LEADERSHIP DECISION TO EXPELL Nelson Chamisa from the party , means Chamisa cannot compete for MDC leadership at extraordinary congress scheduled for 31 July 2020
- Ex (Zimra) officer Nyatoti US$150 000 mansion and US$10 000 car forfeited to the State after he and his divorced wife failed to explain how they could afford these property.
- MDC-T INTERIM LEADER DR THOKOZANI KHUPE HAS DISMISSED NELSON CHAMISA from the opposition party for defying a court ruling that nullified his leadership of the party and ordered that the organisation reverts to its 2014 structures.
The Law Society of Zimbabwe (LSZ) has deregistered 11 lawyers who were convicted of theft of trust property and other malpractices.
Besides those deregistered, more than eight others have pending disciplinary hearings at the High Court.
LSZ president Mrs Vimbai Nyemba says the organisation will continue to punish errant lawyers who bring the profession into disrepute.
She said the profession must be comprised of responsible and trustworthy lawyers who are respected by the society.
The law society said the conduct of lawyers can chase away investors, adding the organisation has put in place measures to ensure standards of lawyers are acceptable.
Some of the lawyers who have been deregistered are David Mutsemi, Thomas Sakutukwa, Toindepi Mahoso, Rudo Kanyenze, Simbarashe Tsaurai, Hebert Chigayo, Tapera Sengweni, Taurai Mapfunde and Divadzo Siphuma.
The law society has over the years been deregistering lawyers who dupe clients and theft of trust property has emerged as the most tempting areas that results in deregistration. source-bulawayo24