- AVERAGE 65 % of Bulawayo patients suffer mental disorder, mostly drug addiction related, among other issues, cited as a major causes.
- PINT OF BEER GOES UP from $8 to $12, while a 750ml bottle has gone up from $12 to $20
- 'NKAYI MAN (20) arrested for raping a woman (80) after hitting her with an iron bar'.
- Registrar General Committee to vet people who deserve passports, an illegal and a violation of the Zimbabwe constitution
- MATEBELELAND, vow to shut down Nursing schools over tribal recruitment exercise in place of locals, no lessons until locals are recruited.
First Lady Amai Grace Mugabe yesterday corrected media reports that insinuated she had said Vice President Emmerson Mnangagwa was her senior. Responding to a headline that appeared in The Herald when she addressed a rally in Mberengwa last week, Amai Mugabe said while she had great respect for Vice Presidents Mnangagwa and Phelekezela Mphoko, the pair was not senior to her.
She said this while addressing thousands of people at Mushayavanhu High School in Gutu during her ninth rally to connect with the people.
The First Lady has been to all the provinces save for Bulawayo.
“I said I respect VPs Mphoko and Mnangagwa and I did not say they are my seniors,” Amai Mugabe said.
“There are some mischievous people in the media industry. (The) Herald, what is it that you wrote that VP Mnangagwa is my senior? I never said that. I said he has more experience in politics than me. It does not mean the First Lady is below the VP.”
She added: “I said I just got into Zanu-PF and the fact that I said that does not mean I am lower than someone. I am the wife of the President. I humble myself and respect the people. VP Mphoko I refer to him as my father because he is our Vice President, but despite the fact that I call him father, he knows my position that I am the wife of their leader. It is my right, and even in the Politburo that’s why I seat at the front.”
At the Mberengwa rally, Amai Mugabe said she had a lot to learn from VP Mnangagwa in politics and the pair enjoyed cordial relations.
She was responding to a spirited campaign in the private media that sought to cast her nationwide rallies as a pitch for one of the VP posts, ostensibly VP Mnangagwa’s, at Zanu-PF’s 15th Annual National People’s Conference that begins in Victoria Falls on Monday.-Source: the herald