- AVERAGE 65 % of Bulawayo patients suffer mental disorder, mostly drug addiction related, among other issues, cited as a major causes.
- PINT OF BEER GOES UP from $8 to $12, while a 750ml bottle has gone up from $12 to $20
- 'NKAYI MAN (20) arrested for raping a woman (80) after hitting her with an iron bar'.
- Registrar General Committee to vet people who deserve passports, an illegal and a violation of the Zimbabwe constitution
- MATEBELELAND, vow to shut down Nursing schools over tribal recruitment exercise in place of locals, no lessons until locals are recruited.
A leading tour operator and travel agent during its heydays, UTC went belly-up a few months ago after failing to navigate the country’s harsh economic terrain, characterised by declining tourism and a tight liquidity crunch.
Among the litany of problems, UTC owed its workers nearly half a million dollars in outstanding salaries and terminal benefits.
Other notable creditors include the National Social Security Authority (NSSA). The workers are now hoping to salvage something out of the liquidation process. Source: Fin Gaz.