- 'Zimbabweans don’t read are ill informed: US sanctions are not for human rights violations but super power interests'-Trevor Ncube (AMH)Alpha Media Holdings boss
- BREAKING NEWS: LAWYER COLTART ARRESTED with protesting Amalgamated Rural Teachers Union of Zimbabwe leaders
- BREAKING NEWS: LAWYER COLTART ARRESTED with protesting Amalgamated Rural Teachers Union of Zimbabwe leaders.
- 'A UK-based Zimbabwean woman was found lying in a pool of blood with multiple stab wounds, inflicted allegedly by her husband.'
- High Court has cleared Kasukuwere after ruling that charges filed by prosecutors did not disclose an offence.
In his application, Lovemore Madhuku sought a full reversal of thetwo Vice Presidential appointments, by the Constitutional Court as the President Robert Mugabe only could appoint one vice president in place the dismissed Vice President Joice Mujuru.
Professor lovemore Madhuku, application to the Con Court, also ought an order declaring that the assignments of vice presidents Mphoko and Mnangagwa, to the portfolios of national healing, peace and reconciliation and of justice, legal and parliamentary affairs , must be declared unconstitutional and be set aside by the court.
Zimbabwe’s Constitutional Court dismissed,Professor Lovemore Madhuku’s application with costs declaring that, on account of the fact that the President of the Republic of Zimbabwe being the embodiment of all powers who, officially holds executive authority to appoint any individual of his own choice as he wishes at his pleasure.
According to the Zimbabwe Constitutional Court ruling, in terms of Section 99 of the National Constitution, Zimbabwe’s vice president assists the president in the exercise of duties or any other functions including administering ministries or any government departments or any other roles that the president may assign to them. Sibusiso Ngwenya