- ZANU-PF DEPLOYS ex ministers who were dropped from Cabinet to the party headquarters where they will take up full-time jobs.
- AFTER SEIZING, G40 kingpins Jonathan Moyo and Robert Zhuwawo farms, state seizes Kasukuwere's Concorpia Farm in Mazowe.
- CHAMISA 'holed up' at Matapi Police Station as dozens of Mbare residents were attacked by machete wielding Zanu-PF youths, baying for his blood
- AN army camp commandant, Luxwell Ngara (51) responsible for the maintenance of the Defence House, arrested by Zacc charged with fraud.
- HARARE COUNCIL failing to provide clean water to the residents suspends three senior water engineers
In his application, Lovemore Madhuku sought a full reversal of thetwo Vice Presidential appointments, by the Constitutional Court as the President Robert Mugabe only could appoint one vice president in place the dismissed Vice President Joice Mujuru.
Professor lovemore Madhuku, application to the Con Court, also ought an order declaring that the assignments of vice presidents Mphoko and Mnangagwa, to the portfolios of national healing, peace and reconciliation and of justice, legal and parliamentary affairs , must be declared unconstitutional and be set aside by the court.
Zimbabwe’s Constitutional Court dismissed,Professor Lovemore Madhuku’s application with costs declaring that, on account of the fact that the President of the Republic of Zimbabwe being the embodiment of all powers who, officially holds executive authority to appoint any individual of his own choice as he wishes at his pleasure.
According to the Zimbabwe Constitutional Court ruling, in terms of Section 99 of the National Constitution, Zimbabwe’s vice president assists the president in the exercise of duties or any other functions including administering ministries or any government departments or any other roles that the president may assign to them. Sibusiso Ngwenya