- ZIMBABWE WOMEN-WAKE UP!-photos here depict reality in Zimbabwe's society.
- PROMINENT Bulawayo cultural activist, Peter Zwide Kalanga Khumalo, was unveiled as King Nyamande Lobengula II
- Morgan Tsvangirai’s mother caused a scene at Robert Mugabe Square in Harare yesterday when she refused to disembark from the hearse carrying her son’s body at a send-off ceremony for MDC-T party supporters.
- MDC-T leader Mr Morgan Tsvangirai’s widow, Ms Elizabeth Macheka, did not accompany her husband’s body to Buhera for burial as pressure mounted on her from the Tsvangirai family that she should not attend the funeral.
- 'FOWL PLAY-Why did the chicken cross the road?'-UK fast food giant KFC has been forced to close 600 of its 900 branches
Many people, mostly believed to be Malawians, in transit from South Africa, Johannesburg city to Malawi via Zimbabwe were reportedly, seriously injured in a bus accident, early yesterday around 2am.
The bus, Nyali Luxury Coaches on board which the injured were travelling, was involved in a side swipe incident with a Mazda 323 vehicle approximately 20 kilometres from Musina town along the along the N1 highway.
The Mazda 323 car, was heading in the opposite direction and the side swipe incident resulted in the bus swerving off the road and overturning, causing a partial road blockage of the, now , notoriously dangerous N1 highway.
The N1 highway is a high traffic transport vein for international road haulage and coach passengers as it links South Africa to Zimbabwe and other African countries bordering Zimbabwe.
The victims along with the bus driver, mainly suffered broken limbs and were rushed to Musina hospital where they received treatment. More news to follow.
photos-herald-Nyali Luxury Coach
By Sibusiso Ngwenya