- MDC-T S-G MWONZORA locked up the party’s headquarters yesterday, following a Court ruling that declared Dr Thokozani Khupe the legitimate leader of the opposition and that the party should go back to its 2014 structures before calling for a congress in 90 days.
- CONSTITUTIONAL COURT STRIPS PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA OF POWERS to appoint and remove the Vice Presidents after it delivered a landmark ruling wherein it declared as unconstitutional the legality of the Constitution of Zimbabwe Amendment (No.1) Act
- CORONAVIRUS: Chinhoyi Provincial Hospital nurses recently fled after 2 suspected Covid-19 cases in fear of infection due to lack of protective clothing.
- 'CORONAVIRUS UK: UK COULD BE COMPENSATED AS MUCH AS £351billion by China after more than one million people globally, has cost the G7 group of nations including the UK, US and Japan a huge £3.2 trillion'
- 46 AFRICAN STATES HAVE REPORTED 9 198 positive cases and 414 deaths, besides SA and Egypt all reported over 100 cases
Lilongwe, Malawi – MALAWI PARLIAMENT ENDORSES the Cannabis Regulation Bill which allows for the farming of the three leaf herb for medicinal purposes.
Legislators said legalising marijuana will help contribute to Malawi’s economy as well as assist in treating chronic ailments.
According to the 2018 European Consumer Staples Report from Barclays Bank, the global legal cannabis market could be worth US$272 billion by 2028.
“If African nations introduce pro-business legislation, enforce standards and create high quality pharmaceutical products there’s no reason why Africa can’t be a major player in the global cannabis industry.
There’s a lot of investors waiting to pump capital into the African market, but operators need to demonstrate an ability to produce high quality domestic cannabis before capitalising on international exports,” said Eoin Keenan, a business consultant.
In 2017, American firm Rhizo Sciences partnered with Africa’s first and largest licensed medical cannabis producer, Medi Kingdom, to build a US$45 million medical cannabis export facility in Lesotho.
The plant, which has 35 000sq metres of climate controlled greenhouses and a pharmaceutical grade extraction and manufacturing plant, can generate 35 000kg of cannabis flower annually, worth between US$150 million and US$200 million.Source – Daniel Itai
Join the group and encourage others to join 299,777 member now a third of a million, thank you for the fast growth, participation and continuous encouragement to others to join the group, and engage other progressive minded people in respectful and inclusive debate focused on information dissemination in issues that directly affect the ordinary person including human rights, good governance, accountability, transparency, housing, employment, development, girl child, equality, gender, peace, climate change, pollution, youth, freedom and more issues that directly affect the ordinary person. Information dissemination empowers the readers so that they are better placed to make well informed decisions and choices such as voting. With such unprecedented group growth, with non alignment to any political grouping whether opposition or ruling, its fair to say that we are building a well informed electorate, better placed to make more informed choices such as in voting, about issues that directly affect their lives. Please feel free to add and encourage others to join.
INFORMATION IS POWER!-Thank you for the support. Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to firstname.lastname@example.org ,linkedin.com/in/sibusiso-ngwenya-563a572b ‘
or whatsapp to Mr Sibusiso Ngwenya 0044 79 3 9100534 for publication on the constantly growing online groups, currently standing as follows:
1) Zimbabwe Global News 299,777 Members
2) Newzimbabwevision.com website 24,836 likes
Followed by 12,855