- Starving Beitbridge doctor, begs for food.
- FULL TEXT: 'I AM SORRY FOR WORKING with ZANU PF' former Deputy Minister in the Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education, Science and Technology Development, Gandawa apologises I
- MDC-T INTERIM LEADERSHIP DECISION TO EXPELL Nelson Chamisa from the party , means Chamisa cannot compete for MDC leadership at extraordinary congress scheduled for 31 July 2020
- Ex (Zimra) officer Nyatoti US$150 000 mansion and US$10 000 car forfeited to the State after he and his divorced wife failed to explain how they could afford these property.
- MDC-T INTERIM LEADER DR THOKOZANI KHUPE HAS DISMISSED NELSON CHAMISA from the opposition party for defying a court ruling that nullified his leadership of the party and ordered that the organisation reverts to its 2014 structures.
Johannesburg Metro Police Department (JMPD) said in Berea yesterday was closed off to traffic due to evictions that took place.
It’s understood the tenants living in a block of flats called The Ridge were occupying the building illegally.
The JMPD said a court order was obtained to clear three buildings in the Johannesburg CBD late on Monday evening.
Broken bed frames, torn couches and empty picture frames scattered among the glass and shredded clothes are all that remains outside The Ridge flats a day after mass evictions took place.
Tenants were given just over 12 hours to vacate the building by 10am on Tuesday morning.
Residents still cleaning up the street late on Tuesday night said they watched the tenants leave the building with anything they could carry.
It’s understood more than 300 families were affected by the evictions, and they left the building without causing any problems.
The Johannesburg Central sheriff was unable to comment on circumstances surrounding the evictions but confirmed that they had been ordered to take place. Source: ewn