- ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT, carer who did not call for help and left 89 year old pensioner to die alone because she feared deportation has been jailed 33 months.
- Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) identifies 433 vehicles (unpaid duty) in unscrupulous shipping agents or third parties scam
- Opposition Zimbabwe Development Party (ZDP) party president Kisinoti Mukwazhe (49) died last night at Karanda Mission Hospital after a short illness.
- President Mnangagwa's spokesperson George Charamba says economic problems root in former President Robert Mugabe's reign.
- A Tree fell on a kombi, killing 2 two people in Mbare during a storm this afternoon.
It remains a mystery how the needles found their way into the girl’s body.
Masvingo General Hospital Medical Superintendent Dr Julius Chirengwa said the girl was admitted to the medical institution waiting for doctors to conduct an operation on her to remove the needles.
He said doctors could not tell how the needles found their way into the girl’s body.
“We’ve a female patient who was admitted to the hospital on Saturday complaining of needles which were inserted into her body.
“An X-ray was taken on the hands and legs and a total of 11 needles were detected. Doctors are seized with the matter,” said Dr Chirengwa.
He said surgeons would decide on where to conduct the operation with the options being Masvingo General Hospital or facilities either in Harare or Bulawayo.
“No-one knows how the needles found their way into her body. It remains a mystery but it’s good that the girl will be operated on.
“The surgeons have a final say whether she’ll be operated on at the hospital or transferred but definitely she’s waiting for surgery,” Dr Chirengwa said. Walter Mswazie . source- Chronicle
photo-Minister Of Health and child welfare, Dr Parirenyatwa