- A HARARE woman Stella Kwanisai (31), claimed maintenance from two men for the same child using two birth certificates.
- SIX POACHERS JAILED NINE YEARS EACH for illegal possession of two pieces of ivory weighing 37 kg worth US$9 250.
- ZANU PF YOUTH LEAGUE HAS ANNOUNCED the suspension of former home affairs minister, Obert Mpofu and banned him along with several others from Zanu pf offices.
- FINANCE MINISTER MTHULI NCUBE has outlawed the use of US Dollar, Rand and all foreign currency as legal tender with effect from today, the 24th June 2019.
- FORMER BRITAIN DEPUTY PM LORD John prescott has been hospitalised after suffering a stroke.
According to provincial livestock experts, the drought is likely to wipe out almost half of the herd in the province.
The province holds about 700 000 cattle.
The most affected areas, according to officials, include Gwanda, Beitbridge, Matobo, Bulilima and Mangwe districts.
John Sibanda, a farmer in Matobo said they have been advised to either reduce their herds or move their livestock to other areas.
“We were told that almost 80 percent of the province has been adversely affected by drought and we have an option to cull our herds or translocate them for the duration of the drought,” he said.
Widow Mavis Ndlovu from Gwanda said some unscrupulous live stock traders were already on the prowl with offers for the cattle.
” They have started coming with bags of maize in exchange for our livestock and this drought has put us in a vulnerable situation because its either we sell or watch our livestock die,” she said.
A cattle buyer in Beitbridge who denied to reveal his identity justified the low amounts offered for the cattle.
” We need to appreciate that this is a business and these cattle are already thin. You cant but thin cows for high amounts only to pen feed them before sending them to the market. We will incur losses,” he said. Source – Byo24
INFORMATION IS POWER!-Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to firstname.lastname@example.org ,linkedin.com/in/sibusiso-ngwenya-563a572b or whatsapp to Mr Sibusiso Ngwenya 0044 79 3 9100534 for publication on the constantly growing online groups, currently standing as follows1)Zimbabwe News 4 us Zimbabweans 199,422Members2)ZIMBABWE NEWS, BUILDING A PROSPEROUS POST 2018 VISION 32,171 Members3) New Zimbabwe Vision group 18,664 members4) Newzimbabwevision.com website 22,798 likes22,795 followers.
https://www.facebook.com/sibusiso.ngwenya.967 Followed by 12,300 people