- (ZIMTA), SAYS teachers a will now work a two-day week
- 134 MORE DOCTORS DISMISSED AFTER 77 WERE FIRED last week for absenteeism. So far 213 disciplinary hearings have been conducted and 211 doctors found guilty.
- A KAGUVI BARRACKS soldier Aaron Taurai Mlambo committed suicide using his service gun, an AK 47 rifle after shooting his wife Evelyn Madawo (24) and injuring her 41-year-old mother Nomari Madawo following a misunderstanding in Manyame Park, Chitungwiza. Paul Ngwenya
- CHIVI SOUTH MP KILLER ZIVHU pays for driving lessons for 100 sex workers and homeless people, claiming that it is training them in a skill that can empower them
- ACCIDENT: 1DEAD-MNANGAGWA'S NIECE,(ZMF) president Ms Henrieta Rushwaya was involved in an accident just outside Kwekwe
MATEBELELAND, vow to shut down Nursing schools over tribal recruitment exercise in place of locals, no lessons until locals are recruited.
Matabeleland residents have vowed to shut down the nursing schools in the region until the recent recruitment exercise that saw a lot of students from Mashonaland being recruited in place of locals is reversed.
The state owned Chronicle reported that in Mpilo nursing school no student was recruited from either Matabeleland North or South. Harare dominated the list with 10, followed by Bulawayo with 6 and then Midlands with 5.
Speaking to this reporter prominent activist Michael Ndiweni said they were mobilising residents to make sure the nursing schools do no resume lessons until locals are recruited.
“We condemn with the strongest terms the tribal employment policy that is being implemented by the Central government that has seen our brother and sisters being sidelined in the recruitment process.
“As responsible citizens we have taken a stand that we are mobilising the residents of the respective nursing schools to turn up in their numbers at these institutions and make sure that this anomaly is corrected and the deserving local children are recruited. We are not going to allow lessons to take place until the other foreign names on the list are removed and replaced with local ones.”
Ndiweni added that they were also discussing with their legal practitioners to see what legal route can be taken to enforce constitutional provisions that prioritise the spirit of devolution of power.
Ibhetshu lika Zuku Secretary General Mbuso Fuzwayo said, “This is a reflection of a government that indicates left and turns right. Devolution says local resources must be used by local people and hiring outsiders is anti-devolution. We had expected the majority of the people recruited to be locals so as to empower human development at community levels. We can only view this as structural tribalism that is meant to perpetuate a lifelong oppression of our people.”
Minister of State responsible for Bulawayo Judith Ncube said she will intervene on the matter. Source – Byo24 WELCOME EVERYONE: 263,806 MEMBERS, 1000 new members a day. A Quarter of a million members, thank you for the fast growth, participation and continuos encouragement to others to join the group, and engage other progressive minded people in respectful and inclusive debate focused on information dissemination in issues that directly affect the ordinary person including human rights, good governance, accountability, transparency, housing, employment, development, girl child, equality, gender, peace, climate change, polllution, youth, freedom and more issues that directly affect the ordinary person. Information dissemination empowers the readers so that they are better placed to make well informed decisions and choices such as voting. Please feel free to add and encourage others to join.INFORMATION IS POWER!-Thank you for the support. Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to firstname.lastname@example.org ,linkedin.com/in/sibusiso-ngwenya-563a572b ‘Twitter-@sibungwenor whatsapp to Mr Sibusiso Ngwenya 0044 79 3 9100534 for publication on the constantly growing online groups, currently standing as follows:
1) Zimbabwe Global News 263,806 Members2) Newzimbabwevision.com website 24,097 likes24,118 followers.Manages Newzimbabwevision
Followed by 12,667