- BULAWAYO MATERDEI HOSPITAL will charge US$ 60 for casualty, US$3000 for a general ward and US$5000 for ICU for Coronavirus.
- WHICH PARTY deserves such a party card for its brainwashed supporters...yep, I thought so,..shhhh!
- 400 ELEPHANTS FOUND DEAD, 800 TUSKS LYING UNGUARDED AND POACHING FEARS, after Hundreds of elephants have mysteriously died over the past two months in Botswana, from a possible disease or toxin in the area in the Okavango Delta by conservationists, with fears more could die from a possible disease or toxin in the area. Botswana has the largest population of elephants in Africa, around one-third of all elephants on the continent.
- OPPOSITION NELSON CHAMISA MDC ALLIANCE 'S Mberengwa North constituency co-ordinating committee secretary, Trinos Chinyoka (46), who had been missing for three days, died on Saturday after falling into an uncovered disused gold mine shaft at night at Chabudapasi Gold Mine near Yorkes business centre but was only found after searching for three days.
- AFRICA, DOES IT THE NATIVE WAY AS VILLAGERS invigilate O and A level exams in Karoi, Zvishavane, Mberengwa, Mutare, Uzumba, Maramba and Pfungwe,
A 26-YEAR-OLD Matobo man allegedly shot and killed his fellow robber in South Africa before fleeing to Zimbabwe with the loot.
Welcome Ncube, 26, of Sigangatsha village who has been in remand prison since May last year, allegedly teamed up with fellow villager Prosper Ndebele whose age was not given and went on a robbery spree in South Africa.
The duo allegedly got away with large amounts of money and Ncube later allegedly shot and killed Ndebele. He then fled to Zimbabwe with the loot.
Ncube is said to have sought refuge at his grandmother’s homestead in Sun Yet Sen in Matobo which is far from his parents’ homestead as his family are neighbours to Ndebele’s family.
Police later received information that Ncube was hiding after allegedly committing the murder in the neighbouring country leading to his arrest.
On Monday Ncube appeared before Matabeleland South Provincial magistrate-in-charge Willard Maphios Moyo who further remanded him in custody to November 23.
Prosecutor Takunda Mafudze told the court that Ncube who is facing murder charges, will be referred to the High Court for trial. Police sources however said Ncube was likely to be extradited to South Africa where the crime was committed.
According to a police Request for Remand document, Ncube was arrested on May 22, last year for killing Ndebele in Hillbrow, South Africa.
“On May 18, 2014 at Hillbrow, in the Republic of South Africa, the accused shot and killed Prosper Ndebele and ran away to Zimbabwe soon after committing the offence,” read the police document.
According to the document, Ncube could not be released as he was said to be a flight risk as he ran away after committing the crime in the neighbouring country.
It was also stated that due to the gravity of the offence, his life would be in danger as he resides close to his victim’s relatives.
Ncube is being held at Gwanda Prison where he was admitted on May 27, last year, according to the Zimbabwe Prisons and Correctional Services (ZPCS) spokesperson for Matabeleland region, Senior Prison Officer Bothwell Bosha. He has been appearing in court fortnightly on routine remand.
Contacted for a comment on the matter, Matabeleland South acting provincial police spokesperson Sergeant Thabani Mkwananzi referred all questions to national spokesperson Chief Superintendent Paul Nyathi who was not reachable.
The perception most Zimbabweans living in South Africa have is that South African police hardly make any follow ups on murder cases when foreigners are the victims. by Marvelous Moyo . Source: chronicle