- Bulawayo Police look for victim following her rape allegations against self-exiled G40 kingpin Professor Jonathan Moyo.
- TUGWI-MUKOSI, ZIMBABWE'S LARGEST DAM, is 89 percent full, and nearly spilling for the time since its construction.
- AS AT 19:00hrs GMT, USA marked a sombre covid death mark reaching 400,000 dead people from covid today...22hours before Donald Trump leaves the Oval office for good! UK covid death toll is 96,000 dead people
- AT LEAST 30 FAMILIES WHOSE HOMES HAD BEEN FLOODED following heavy rains in Gweru have been given shelter by the city council working with the District Civil Protection Unit
- ZIMBABWE RECORDED 60 COVID-19 DEATHS IN 24 hours on Monday
Newly-elected Mazowe North Member of Parliament Advocate Martin Dinha was yesterday sworn in as a legislator following his election victory last weekend. Clerk of Parliament Mr Kennedy Chokuda administered the oath in the National Assembly in terms of the Constitution. Adv Dinha, who contested on a Zanu-PF ticket, replaced Cde Edgar Chidavaenzi who was found dead early this year.
Soon after his swearing in, legislators mainly from Zanu-PF made a bee-line to congratulate Adv Dinha, who is also Mashonaland Central Provincial Affairs Minister. Meanwhile, Speaker of the National Assembly, Advocate Jacob Mudenda absolved Cabinet ministers who failed to attend question and answer sessions.
Harare Central MP Mr Murisi Zwizwai (MDC-T) had risen on a point of order and complained that there were few ministers in the Chamber. Mr Zwizwai had complained that ministers were in the habit of not attending question time.
But Adv Mudenda said in terms of the law and Parliament Standing Orders, ministers were supposed to send apologies if they had other commitments. He said in yesterday’s case, most ministers were attending a meeting that was held by President Mugabe in which he was meeting war veterans. source-Herald