- '180 COVID-19 DEATHS at Kettering General Hospital with three more Covid-19 deaths bringing the total now to 180 deaths'
- ZANU PF POLITICAL RE-EDUCATION-Advocate Thabani Mpofu has been detained overnight at the Rhodesville Police stn in Harare after being charged with a crime of perjury.
- AMERICA BURNS AS BLACKS FIGHT SYSTEMIC RACISM, see photos as protests spread across US over George Floyd death.
- ZANU PF WEALTH AND POWER MONOPOLY'-Mnangagwa's top bodyguard Valdano Brown, lands lucrative Covid-19 supply deals
- 14 MALAWIANS REPATRIATED BACK TO THEIR COUNTRY after staging a three-day hunger strike to protest their quarantine at Masvingo Teachers.
Chataika’s daughter Shamiso confirmed the death.
“My father passed on early around 2am from diabetes. He had been at home for the past week after he was discharged from hospital,” Shamiso said.
At the funeral wake yesterday, there were local Zanu-PF Mbare leaders, including the area’s MP Tendai Savanhu and the Mbare Chimurenga Choir.
Chipangano was an infamous violent group of youth who were Zanu-PF enforcers at the public markets, particularly the Mbare bus terminus, Carter House, Mupedzanhamo flea-market and the vegetable market.
They allocated selling space and chucked out suspected opposition supporters from vending sites.
Among its known leaders was Jim Kunaka, who has since joined the Zimbabwe People First party led by former vice-president Joice Mujuru.
Kunaka was not immediately available for comment as his mobile phone went unanswered.