- WHO remembers that in July 2017, the despot 94 year old deposed former president Robert Mugabe the then Zanu Pf leader donated US $1 mllion of his own money to AU while the struggling Zimbabwe nation collapsed
- 'TENSION mounts between Mnangagwa and the military , amid revelations that the army is exerting overbearing influence on the executive'.
- Relations between President Emmerson Mnangagwa and deposed former president Robert Mugabe are now at an all time low after numerous developments exposed Mnangagwa's hypocrisy in keeping Mugabe safe.
- 'MDC T VP Dr Thokozani Khupe apologises to all who may have been offended by the uncharacteristic representation of MDC-T '
- BULAWAYO POLICE RECOVER THE DEAD BODY OF AN unidentified woman was found , undressed with a boulder on her head
A 30-YEAR-OLD woman from Mberengwa fatally axed her two-year-old son before turning the axe on her six- year-old daughter who was fortunate to survive the attack.
The girl is said to be in a critical condition at Mberengwa District Hospital.
Appearing before Mberengwa Magistrate Mr Sangster Tavengwa facing one count of murder and another of attempted murder was Arleta Matsukumoyo of Batanai Village, Chief Bute, Mberengwa.
Mr Tavengwa did not ask Matsukumoyo to plead and remanded her in custody to January 4.
He advised her to apply for bail at the High Court.
Prosecuting, Mr Stanley Ncube told the court that Matsukumoyo is the biological mother of the two children and was staying with them.
“On December 21 at around 9AM the accused person struck her two- year-old son in the head. She then turned the axe on her six- year-old daughter whom she again struck in the head before she fled.
The boy later died on admission at Mberengwa Hospital while the girl sustained a deep cut on the head and is in a critical condition,” said Mr Ncube.
The court heard that Matsukumoyo’s neighbours heard noises at her homestead and rushed to see what was happening.
Mr Ncube said the neighbours found the two children lying on the ground and rushed them to Mberengwa Hospital.
“The accused person should be examined as she is suspected to be mentally challenged,” said Mr Ncube. Wynne Zanamwe,source-chronicle