- MALI'S ENTIRE GOVERNMENT RESIGNS AFTER 134 people were massacred in an attack on a village in central Mali a few weeks ago.
- OVER 215 drums of bitumen (USS$4 million) were stolen at a road construction site in Chivhu last week, crime is a lifestyle in Zimbabwe.
- SILOBELA, DAM SITE BOTTLE STORE patrons shot by driver Mike Mlilo (35) at Insukamini Business Centre, 1dead, 1critically injured after they accused him of flashing them with his lights
- 'MALAWI has 10,000 Albinos, abduct, murder or mutilate albinos for wealth charms from body parts and rape albinos as an HIV cure'.
- At least 28 hippos found in Ethiopia’s national park in the southwest of the country-cause of death unknown
‘MDC HIJACKED BY DICTATORS by dictators “there is no vacancy” sounds familiar and synonymous with zanupf’-Former MDC legislator Norman Mpofu
Former MDC legislator Norman Mpofu has said if true that MDC Alliance leader Nelson Chamisa won’t be contested at MDC Alliance congress as is alleged National Organiser Amos Chibaya said, then cry the beloved people’s party. They can as well do without the congress.
He said the forth coming congress is about the Presidency after the departure of Morgan Tsvangirai.
“Morgan was not contested not because there was no vacancy but because the man was a darling and no one was prepared to challenge him. He never blocked any one from challenging him. If indeed MDC is about bringing democracy into the country it must walk the talk. Why is MDC copying so much from zanupf. The phrase “there is no vacancy” sounds familiar and synonymous with zanupf,” he said.
“This party was a people’s project but has been hijacked by dictators. I can not imagine an organization of this nature barring its supporters from electing a party President of their choice. In fact I don’t understand why a person as popular as Chamisa is avoiding congress. He is an acting President . There is a natural vacancy at the helm of the party created by the death of Tsvangirai . That is a fact. That vacancy is yet to be filled but a mere mortal in the form of Chibaya declares that there is no vacancy.”
He asked if MDC is Chamisa’s personal property?
“Is it no longer guided by its constitution? If these guys are not stopped MDC is going to be the most fertile breeding ground for dictators,”he said.Source – Byo24News