- 'WIFI FOR GOATS, sphaghetti roads 40 min flight to Harare yet MDC local roads are a mess under illegitimate MDC president Chamisa'-VP Chiwenga
- PARLIAMENT business ground to an abrupt halt yesterday after MDC MPs were evicted from Harare hotel rooms to pave way for Zanu PF delegates booked in the same facilities for the duration of their party conference in Goromonzi, 32km south-east of the capital.
- 'ILLEGITIMATE President Mnangagwa has removed Chief Ndiweni, blocked his allowances and ordered that his vehicle must be withdrawn from him as he is not the legitimate Chief'
- Members of the Zimbabwe Republic Police are reported to have gone on the rampage as randomly assaulting the public in Harare on Thursday night Human Rights Lawyer Douglas Coltart has reported.
- Faced with food shortage, drugs and medical and psychiatric doctors, Ingutsheni mental health hospital in Bulawayo will tomorrow get an early Christimas after a group of well-wishers promised to donate goods to the institution.
The ZANU PF legislator Kindness Paradza (Makonde MP) claims that the MDC snubbing of diplomatic passports offered by President Emmerson Mnangagwa militarised Zanu pf regime is a cheap publicity stunt as some of them hold the Diplomatic Passport travel document issued in 2018.
Paradza, the Foreign Affairs Parliamentary Portfolio Committee chairperson of the, announced in Parliament early this month that Mnangagwa had given a nod for all parliamentarians to be issued with diplomatic passports, but MDC MPs said they would not accept the offer.
“Yes, it’s very true. He (MDC secretary-general Charlton Hwende) is a holder of a diplomatic passport. Not only him, but they are many. Hwende is denouncing the issuance of diplomatic passports to his fellow MPs, yet he is a holder of a diplomatic passport which he was issued by the same President. Actually, thesame passport assisted him to get temporary refuge in Namibia after the January disturbances,” he said.
“(Other MPs who have diplomatic passports include) Dorcas Sibanda, Tendai Biti, Prosper Mutseyami, Paurina Mpariwa, Daniel Molokele, Concilia Chinanzvavana,Prince Sibanda, Anele Ndebele, Willis Madzimure, Gabbuza Gabuza, Murisi Zwizwai, Tapiwa Mashakada, Jasmine Tofa and Ruth Labode. They were given thesepassports last year, now they want to pretend to be holier than thou.”
Some of the MPs named MPs confirmed yesterday that they received the diplomatic passports.
Paradza said the issue of diplomatic passports was already fanning tensions among the opposition MPs.
“This is hypocrisy of the highest order. Hwende is just grandstanding. Most of the ordinary MDC MPs are against Hwende. A lot of them have been flocking toget these diplomatic passports since the announcement,” he said.
But Hwende yesterday said they had resolved as a party not to accept the privilege offered by Mnangagwa considering that many Zimbabweans were currently not being issued passports by the Registrar-General (RG) due to shortages of passport paper and printing machine problems.
“The party position is clear, as a party, we must always put the people first. This is non-negotiable. There is a current shortage of printing materials usedto produce passports that has resulted in many Zimbabweans failing to access specialists treatment abroad, others have failed to go to school. The partyposition is based on this reality should the situation in future improves and Zimbabweans who want passports can access them without any hindrance then thoseMPs who want passports can then access them,” he said.
Most Zimbabweans are struggling to get the travel document with 340 000 applicants reportedly on the waiting list. newsday Sibusiso Ngwenya
INFORMATION IS POWER!-Thank you for the support. Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to firstname.lastname@example.org ,linkedin.com/in/sibusiso-ngwenya-563a572b or whatsapp to Mr Sibusiso Ngwenya 0044 79 3 9100534 for publication on the constantly growing online groups, currently standing as follows1) Zimbabwe Global News 215,110 members2) Democratic Prosperous Future 32,302 Members3) Climate, Green Energy, Pollution 18,668 members4) Newzimbabwevision.com website 23,010 likes23,012 followers.Manages NewzimbabwevisionFollowed by 12,425 people