- MDC SG Mwonzora has declared all suspensions and expulsions made ahead of MDC's May elective congress null and void.
- Chivayo absolved by court of any criminal liability in the US$5,6 million fraud charge involving Zimbabwe Power Company (ZPC)’s Gwanda solar project.
- CHOLERA FEARS, no clean water stagnant water, not draining, decomposing bodies floating in Manicaland
- Whole village, police station and government complex at Rusitu in Chimanimani swept away by cyclone floods, many dead, several missing.
- 'WHITES CAUSED CYCLONE IDAI ' -Black First Land First (BLF) SA Politician
MDC secretary-general Douglas Togarasei Mwonzora yesterday appeared before a Harare magistrate facing charges of negligent driving, failure to insure a motor vehicle and to licence a motor vehicle after he was involved in an accident.
Mwonzora appeared before magistrate Richard Ramaboa, who remanded him to January 24 on free bail.
It is the State case that on May 27 last year, Mwonzora was driving a Toyota Land Cruiser along Tynwald Road in Harare. It is alleged the vehicle was neither insured nor licensed, contrary to the provisions of the Road Traffic Act.
The State alleges that when Mwonzora approached the intersection of Kirkman Drive and Tynwald Road, he reversed and bumped into another Toyota Land Cruiser which was behind him, and was being driven by Onismo Muzhingi.
It is alleged no one was injured and both vehicles sustained minor damages. The State also alleges that Mwonzora was negligent after he failed to keep his vehicle under proper control.
Moses Mapanga appeared for the State. newsday