- US$98k fraud at Bulawayo milling company
- SHARE SWAP EXPOSES TAGWIREI'S vast web
- ZIMBABWE IS SET TO MISS OUT ON THE COVID-19 DEBT RELIEF specifically set aside by the European Union for African countries because of its bad debtor tag.
- VICE PRESIDENT CONSTANTINO CHIWENGA'S ESTRANGED WIFE Marry has filed an urgent High Court application seeking the release of her passport to allow her to receive urgent medical attention in South Africa. This comes after Marry was diagnosed with lymphoedema - a condition which her doctors describe as a build-up of fluids in body tissues that can no longer be drained, causing massive swelling.
- MDC ALLIANCE VICE PRESIDENT AND LAWYER TENDAI BITI WAS ARRESTED and charged with assault on Friday after attending a police station by appointment.
MDC secretary-general Douglas Togarasei Mwonzora yesterday appeared before a Harare magistrate facing charges of negligent driving, failure to insure a motor vehicle and to licence a motor vehicle after he was involved in an accident.
Mwonzora appeared before magistrate Richard Ramaboa, who remanded him to January 24 on free bail.
It is the State case that on May 27 last year, Mwonzora was driving a Toyota Land Cruiser along Tynwald Road in Harare. It is alleged the vehicle was neither insured nor licensed, contrary to the provisions of the Road Traffic Act.
The State alleges that when Mwonzora approached the intersection of Kirkman Drive and Tynwald Road, he reversed and bumped into another Toyota Land Cruiser which was behind him, and was being driven by Onismo Muzhingi.
It is alleged no one was injured and both vehicles sustained minor damages. The State also alleges that Mwonzora was negligent after he failed to keep his vehicle under proper control.
Moses Mapanga appeared for the State. newsday