- OUTSPOKEN CLERIC ,ALSO ONE OF PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA'S TOP ADVISORS, Shingi Munyeza, (pictured below), yesterday said the Zimbabwe's crisis is man-made, and mainly centred on unresolved succession matrix.
- BOY (7) MURDERED, HEAD , NECK, ARMS AND LEGS HACKED OFF, IN MUREWA.A 7-year-old boy from Makore Village under Chief Mangwende in Murewa was allegedly murdered last week in a suspected case of ritual killing
- ZIMBABWE NATIONAL STUDENTS UNION (ZINASU) PRESIDENT Takudzwa Ngadziore was denied bail on Monday after a magistrate said he was a threat to public safety.
- MUM OF THREE, (31) NHS ROTHERHAM OPERATING DEPARTMENT worker chased down street and stabbed to death with machete by estranged husband (41)
- 'CORRUPT GWERU CITY WARD 11, COUNCILLOR, ALBERT CHIRAU parcelled out housing stands to his children aged 13 and five'.
MDC-T CALLS FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES INVESTIGATION INTO GRACE MUGABE’S ‘, IRRESPONSIBLE, THREATENING, UNCOUTH CRIMINALLY UNLAWFUL PUBLIC UTTERANCES
FIRST Lady Grace Mugabe should be investigated for “criminal utterances” after declaring Mashonaland Central a “no-go area” for opposition parties, the MDC-T has said.
In a statement Monday, party spokesperson Obert Gutu said Grace was singlehandedly scaring investors and turning the country into a banana republic.
“Whatever Grace Mugabe says should be taken very seriously by all political players in Zimbabwe,” said Gutu.
“Besides her violating the electoral laws of Zimbabwe by openly engaging in vote buying activities such as dishing out suits to traditional leaders as well as dolling out food and groceries to hungry and starving villagers, she also unlawfully ‘donated’ several tractors to local Zanu PF supporters.”
He said the machinery that Grace has been doling out is “State property that was recently acquired under the $98 million facility that was advanced to the government of Zimbabwe by the government of Brazil”.
The opposition party’s information chief said Zimbabwe does not need enemies “with a First Lady in the mould of Grace Mugabe”.
“This woman is single-handedly destroying Zimbabwe’s investment image by going around the country uttering very irresponsible, threatening and indeed, uncouth statements that tend to paint our country as a lawless banana republic in which all right-thinking and serious-minded domestic and/or foreign investor would find it extremely risky to establish their businesses.
“Capital is a coward and it will not easily flow into a country in which there is disregard for the rule of law as well as rampant corruption. “
Gutu added: “When a whole First Lady of a country utters thuggish and crude political statements that are tantamount to deeply entrenched and intolerant hate speech, both domestic and foreign investors will get justifiably very concerned and worried.
“In this respect, therefore, Grace Mugabe’s reckless and ill – conceived political pronouncements at the Rushinga rally last week, are in extreme bad taste and also grossly unconstitutional.”
The MDC-T said all political parties in Zimbabwe should be free to campaign in any part of the country without undue hindrance or unlawful interference.
Over the years violence has marred electoral processes in Zimbabwe but Zanu PF has denied any links to the vicious occurrences which have turned some areas into virtual war-zones.
Said Gutu; “Much as the MDC appreciates that Zanu PF possesses the DNA of violence and intolerance, the uncouth utterances by Grace Mugabe at her Rushinga rally mark a new low in her rather very short and turbulent political career.
“This woman cannot have her cake and eat it. She has to be urgently brought to order. The mere fact that she is married to Robert Mugabe (President) doesn’t give her the right to trample upon the fundamental human rights of fellow Zimbabweans.”
He called on the country’s law enforcement agencies to “take the necessary measures to ensure that Grace Mugabe’s criminally unlawful public utterances at Rushinga last week are thoroughly investigated”. source-newzimbabwe
PHOTO-.chronicle-First Lady Amai Grace Mugabe