- Nine people died in an accident between a Greenfuel sugar cane truck and a kombi in Manzvire, 10km from Checheche, Manicaland today, with 17 passengers instead of the authorised 15 passengers.
- ACCIDENT: AN INTERCAPE BUS from Johannesburg South Africa to Malawi overturned this morning in Nyanda, about 15 kilometres from Masvingo.
- GEORGE HW BUSH, Ex US PRESIDENT (94), father of George W Bush, has died aged 94.
- LABOUR MP LlOYD RUSSELL-MOYLE HAS TOLD told the House of Commons he is HIV positive during a debate about World AIDs Day.
- INFORMATION IS POWER!-Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to email@example.com ,
The drama in MDC T is endless as today the splinter MDC T group held its extraordinary congress in Bulawayo where
a new national standing committee with former MDC-T party vice-president Dr Thokozani Khupe as its new presiden and Obert Gutu elected as the deputy president, Abednico Bhebhe the new chairman and Nixon Nyikadzino as the party’s secretary-general.
Thokozani Khupe addressed the gathering and said that the leadership issue has been put to rest and shames those who had hijacked the MDC T party.
The new MDC T according to Khuphe will begin selecting candidates for the 2018 harmonised elections as they work on their manifesto in readiness for the polls set for July this year.
The chairperson of the SADC , also the guest of honour at the MDC T congress Dr Jessie Kabwila of the Malawi Congress Party, said constitutionalism must not start at a government level but must be engrained at political party level, adding that the squabbles that have been going on in the MDC-T party show a lack of constitutionalism in the MDC T party.. By Sibusiso Ngwenya, Source – zbc