- INTERAFRICA BUS FROM BULAWAYO MUTARE; -An Interafrica bus from Bulawayo to Mutare was involved in a head on collision with a UD truck yesterday near Masvingo and six people were killed.
- 25 DEAD, 60 INJURED AFTER GUNMEN OPENED FIRE ON AN IRANIAN MILITARY PARADE- Gunmen have opened fire on an Iranian military parade in the south-western city of Ahvaz, killing at least 25 people, including civilians, and injuring 60, state media say
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER NELSON CHAMISA has ordered Victoria Falls mayor Somvelo Dhlamini to step down.
- ZIMBABWE CIRCUS CONTINUES AS the Ambrose Mutinhiri-led National Patriotic Front has disbanded and its officials are rejoining Zanu-PF after realising that the events that led to the removal of the Robert Mugabe-led government in November last year were in the best interests of the country.
- VICE PRESIDENT RTD GEN CHIWENGA advised to sieze total Zimbabwe power at all costs amid reported growing suspicion by his personal military advisor and confidant, exiled and fallen Ethiopian autarch, Mengistu Haile Mariam,
The drama in MDC T is endless as today the splinter MDC T group held its extraordinary congress in Bulawayo where
a new national standing committee with former MDC-T party vice-president Dr Thokozani Khupe as its new presiden and Obert Gutu elected as the deputy president, Abednico Bhebhe the new chairman and Nixon Nyikadzino as the party’s secretary-general.
Thokozani Khupe addressed the gathering and said that the leadership issue has been put to rest and shames those who had hijacked the MDC T party.
The new MDC T according to Khuphe will begin selecting candidates for the 2018 harmonised elections as they work on their manifesto in readiness for the polls set for July this year.
The chairperson of the SADC , also the guest of honour at the MDC T congress Dr Jessie Kabwila of the Malawi Congress Party, said constitutionalism must not start at a government level but must be engrained at political party level, adding that the squabbles that have been going on in the MDC-T party show a lack of constitutionalism in the MDC T party.. By Sibusiso Ngwenya, Source – zbc