- A SENIOR Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) Bulawayo, manager died on Sunday after being diagnosed with Coronavirus.
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER, NELSON CHAMISA IN media backlash after addressing his inaugural e-rally using Shona language and failing to be inclusive. on Sunday.
- A POLICE OFFICER , Constable Cosmas Kwangwari, based at Chivhu Police Station died on the spot on Friday after he was run over by a haulage truck which had six passengers on board and was evading a roadblock at the 136-kilometre peg along the Harare-Masvingo Highway.ble
- NELSON CHAMISA THE MDC ALLIANCE PRESIDENT, has promised to block Zimbabwe's 2023 national elections if necessary political and electoral reforms are not implemented.
- VICE PRESIDENT MOHADI SAYS, 'We got our independence from Britain, but the white man never gave us Black Natives, knowledge on how to run our economy,'... Interesting!
MDC-T National spokesperson Obert Gutu has called for immediate impeachment of President Mugabe over missing US$15billion.
Last week, Mugabe said US$15billion worth of diamonds are missing.
Said Gutu on his official twitter account: “National tragedy is when US$15 billion worth of Marange diamonds disappears and country’s CEO says he doesn’t know what really happened!
“If Zim’s CEO doesn’t know what happened to US$15 billion worth of Marange diamonds, proof that he’s no longer fit for purpose! Resign
“When a country’s President fails to account for US$15 billion belonging to the State, he deserves to be impeached.
In his birthday interview aired on ZTV, Mugabe said the state would take over all mining operations at the Chiadzwa diamond fields because the companies had not remitted all proceeds.
The president said the mining activities should have yielded more than US$15 billion but that was not the case, as Zimbabwe only realised US$2billion.
“So, where are our carats been going, the gems? There has been quite a lot of secrecy in handling them and we have been blinded ourselves that means our people whom we expected to be our eyers and ears have not been able to to hear or see what was going on.
A lot of swindling and smuggling has taken place, and the companies that have been mining, virtually, I want to say robbed us of our wealth,” Mugabe said. by Thobekile Zhou. Source: Byo24News