- Funeral UPDATE: Tsvangirai's body flown in army chopper from One Commando barracks in Harare to Humanikwa Village, in Buhera for burial tomorrow
- MDC T SECRETARY GENERAL Douglas Mwonzora says MDC T will soon have an an extraordinary congress for the selection of a new MDC T leader and presidential candidate in preparation for 2018 general polls.
- The late MDC-T leader, Morgan Tsvangirai's mother, Lydia Zvaipa, was conspicuous by her absence at a memorial service for her son held at Mabelreign Methodist Fellowship Church in Harare yesterday, as tensions rose
- ' (UZ) VICE CHANCELLOR Professor Levi Nyagura, was arrested on Friday for allegedly fraudulently awarding Grace Ntombizodwa Mugabe a fake Doctor of Philosophy degree achieved in only three months of study'
- FORMER finance minister Mugabes cousin Ignatius Chombo the first minister to be arrested after the ouster of former President Robert Mugabe has been arrested again, this time for allegedly demanding a bribe from a fish farmer.
Midlands Provincial Education Inspector, Fred Shavi (64) has appeared before High Court judge, Justice Makonese in Gweru today facing allegations of killing his wife, Mrs Netsai Ncube who was a lecturer at Midlands State University.
Through his lawyer, Mr Esau Mandipa, Shavi pleaded not guilty to murder but guilty to a lesser charge of culpable homicide.
He argued that he killed his wife in self-defence after she tried to attack him with an iron hoe in their bedroom following differences over extra marital affair issues.Shavi, who married the now deceased in 2001, said he discovered that the deceased was having an affair with one, Prosper Maburo.
Shavi struck his wife three times on the head using an iron hoe before she fell on the bed.
After the attack, Shavi fled and left the deceased in a pool of blood before she was rushed to Gweru hospital where she later died. Source – zbc