- Dr SOLWAYO NGWENYA tweets that Dr Peter Mugobeyi who was abducted almost a week ago has been found disoriented and trying to get lifts to Harare'
- MUGABE'S COUSIN IGNATIOUS CHOMBO'S HEALTH deteriorates and government denies him his passport to seek medical attention from abroad
- #Free Zimbabwe World Awareness Campaign Mnangagwa faces protests at the UN General Assembly in New York next week, from Zimbabweans based in the US
- Chamisa $720k richer as Mnangagwa's treasury releases $3.4 million to MDC under the Political Parties Finance Act.
- DOCTORS, protesting Peter Magombeyi abduction on Saturday after calling for a pay strike, blocked by riot police
President Robert Mugabe last week transferred Jonathan Moyo from the Ministry of Information to that of Higher and Tertiary Education, Science and Technology Development, leaving Public Service, Labour and Social Services minister Prisca Mupfumira holding fort in an acting capacity in a move described by observers as unprecedented and eyebrow raising.
Inside sources said this week that the ministry would now be relegated to a department in the President’s office – superintended by presidential spokesperson and incumbent permanent secretary, George Charamba.
“There is now a strong feeling within the Zanu-PF leadership that the information ministry should be abolished and a department headed by a neutral person who is not tainted by any party factional links,” said a ministry source who refused to be named for fear of victimisation. He accused Moyo of using the ministry to fan factional power battles through the public media, saying “factional fighting has destroyed the party”.
In April last year, former Reserve Bank governor Gideon Gono allegedly confided in Mugabe that the ministry of information had blacklisted him from appearing in the public media.
Responding to Gono‘s claims Moyo said ” They say some people are on the blacklist and the blacklist comes from the ministry; why should we have a blacklist as if it’s a credit facility? I was shocked when my good friend, the former governor suggested there are people who don’t want him covered.” Source: zimbabwean