- CYCLONE IDAI 98 DEAD, 217 Missing, 102 Injured , 42 Marooned
- 'SEVERAL PEOPLE INJURED AFTER TRAM SHOOTING, one dead' in Dutch city of Utrecht
- Three suspected copper cable thieves were electrocuted today at Chestgate shopping centre in Chegutu -two dead
- 'BOEING SUCKED INTO controversial 'Simbabwe Airways' saga in which Simba Chikore (alias Mutsahuni), prejudiced the country of huge amounts of money between 2017 and 2018'.
- Tribalist gvt blames computer glitch for tribally motivated teacher recruitment,deploying Shona teachers in Bulawayo primary schools last week .
VICE-PRESIDENT Emmerson Mnangagwa’s proposed consultative meetings with Bulawayo residents at the end of the month have generated mixed reactions, with some opposition leaders saying he should publicly apologise over his remarks about the late Vice-President Joshua Nkomo.
Former Zipra fighter, Max Mnkandla said Mnangagwa, who is due in the city on September 24, should brace for a backlash over his remarks on Nkomo.
“That is where he will get feedback from his party people, who have been deployed to the region to snoop on us.
“But if he genuinely wants to dialogue with Bulawayo residents he should first issue an apology on his Joshua Nkomo insult.
“If he does not issue an apology, we will organise residents to boycott the meeting or disrupt it if we elect to attend.”
Mnangagwa is currently under fire over his recent utterances suggesting Nkomo was a sell-out, who lost the 1980 elections because he served white minority interests.Source – Southern Eye- See more at: http://newzimbabwevision.com