- UK coronavirus: record daily death toll of 938 in 24 hrs, as PM Johnson faces a 4th night in an Intensive Care Unit in Hospital
- 'HOLDERS OF IMMIGRATION PERMITS AND VISAS which expire during the Corona virus lockdown can continue to stay'- Ministry of Home Affairs and Cultural Heritage said Statutory Instrument 83 of 2020
- MDC-T S-G MWONZORA locked up the party’s headquarters yesterday, following a Court ruling that declared Dr Thokozani Khupe the legitimate leader of the opposition and that the party should go back to its 2014 structures before calling for a congress in 90 days.
- CONSTITUTIONAL COURT STRIPS PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA OF POWERS to appoint and remove the Vice Presidents after it delivered a landmark ruling wherein it declared as unconstitutional the legality of the Constitution of Zimbabwe Amendment (No.1) Act
- CORONAVIRUS: Chinhoyi Provincial Hospital nurses recently fled after 2 suspected Covid-19 cases in fear of infection due to lack of protective clothing.
The quartet’s removal also coincided with the absence abroad of Vice President Constantino Chiwenga – the retired general responsible for ousting former president Robert Mugabe in November 2017 and now widely viewed inside the country as the power behind Mnangagwa’s administration.
All four of Zimbabwe’s generals were in February 2019, retired from service by Zimbabwe’s president Emmerson Mnangagwa and re-appointed to diplomatic posts oversea..
The sidelined commanders are Major General Anselem Sanyatwe, who led the presidential guard, Major General Douglas Nyikayaramba, the defence forces inspector general , Air Vice Marshal Shebba Shumbayawonda and Army chief of staff Major General Martin Chedondo.
In posting them on diplomatic missions, Zimbabwe is sliding into the Mugabe system, of sidelining those who fell out of favour with him. However the deposed former president Mugabe’s plan in 2017 to retire several generals was the reason why the military led by RTD Gen Chiwenga now Zimbabwe’s Vice President, overthrew Mugabe in the November 2017 ‘Opreation Restore Order ‘ coup to block moves by Mugabe to appoint his wife ‘motor mouth’ Grace as vice president and his successor as Zimbabwe’s next president. The four generals were retired by Mnangagwa in the absence of Vice President Constantino Chiwenga who was abroad.
The Zanu pf tactics, which have becomea regular cycle in Zimbabwe, were seen by many, as cropping up when the MDC leader Nelson Chamisa, this week dismisses145 MDC employees security personnel, directors, coordinators and office orderly who were recruited by Morgan Tsvangirai and served in Tsvangirai and former secretary general Douglas Mwonzora’s offices, as sharp divisions rock the MDC party, without giving them notice of the pending dismissal. The victims of this purge, were fired with immediate effect
A source stated “Purging of workers started on Friday last week and some received their dismissal letters today. All those who were seconded to former secretary general Mwonzora’s office were kicked-out without notice.”
The source said those who have been fired have already been replaced with immediate effect.
“They have been already replaced. Chamisa has already seconded his cronies to take up the positions of those dismissed from office,” said the source.
One of the longest serving members in the party who spoke on condition of anonymity said the leadership should consider their plight.
“The MDC-A claims to be a labour party, which represents the welfare of workers yet they dismissed their employees without notice.
“How can Chamisa claim to return the party to its original strength by integrating members, while dismissing party workers who served the party since its formation,” he said.
One of the affected workers said they were yet to receive their packages and their salary arrears.
“We did not receive our packages and salary arrears as promised. We hope miracles might happen so that we can get our packages and outstanding arrears.
“I reported for duty today only to realise my office was already occupied by new staff members,” said one of the affected employees. More to follow…Byo24 Sibusiso Ngwenya.
see more at http://newzimbabwevision.com/chamisa-has-dismissed-145-mdc…/
INFORMATION IS POWER!-Thank you for the support. Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to email@example.com ,linkedin.com/in/sibusiso-ngwenya-563a572b or whatsapp to Mr Sibusiso Ngwenya 0044 79 3 9100534 for publication on the constantly growing online groups, currently standing as follows1)Zimbabwe News 4 us Zimbabweans 206,362Members2)ZIMBABWE NEWS, BUILDING A PROSPEROUS POST 2018 VISION 32,224 Members3) New Zimbabwe Vision group 18,708 members4) Newzimbabwevision.com website 22,802 likes22,796 followers.
https://www.facebook.com/sibusiso.ngwenya.967 Followed by 12,360 people. Sibusiso Ngwenya