- 25 DEAD, 60 INJURED AFTER GUNMEN OPENED FIRE ON AN IRANIAN MILITARY PARADE- Gunmen have opened fire on an Iranian military parade in the south-western city of Ahvaz, killing at least 25 people, including civilians, and injuring 60, state media say
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER NELSON CHAMISA has ordered Victoria Falls mayor Somvelo Dhlamini to step down.
- ZIMBABWE CIRCUS CONTINUES AS the Ambrose Mutinhiri-led National Patriotic Front has disbanded and its officials are rejoining Zanu-PF after realising that the events that led to the removal of the Robert Mugabe-led government in November last year were in the best interests of the country.
- VICE PRESIDENT RTD GEN CHIWENGA advised to sieze total Zimbabwe power at all costs amid reported growing suspicion by his personal military advisor and confidant, exiled and fallen Ethiopian autarch, Mengistu Haile Mariam,
- 'ACCIDENT: A Guruve bound, Mhofu kombi reportedly overturned in Guruve and six people died this morning at about 8am'
Mnangagwa disclosed that the government would meet all funeral and burial expenses, as well as medical costs for the more than 40 people who were also injured in the explosion.
This came as State security agencies yesterday said they had not yet established the source of the explosion, with the stadium still sealed off.
“The investigations are still ongoing, and no arrests have been made,” national police spokesperson Senior Assistant Commissioner Charity Charamba said.
Sadc, the United Nations, Zanu PF, the opposition, civic society groups and the clergy have roundly condemned the attack as an act of terror.
In a related development, Zanu PF politburo member, Joshua Malinga yesterday dismissed reports that he was left stranded after his personal aide fled the scene of explosion.
Malinga, who is Mnangagwa’s adviser on disability, remained glued to his wheelchair as other top party and State security officials scurried for safety during the blast.
“My personal aide, Intelligence Masuku, dropped down, then woke up and came to my rescue. My security also was at my rescue. I was not injured on the day. I am well, I have no scratch,” he said.