- Prophet Makandiwa warns Mnangagwa of an inevitable foreign military intervention
- 'CHAMISA, YOU FAIL TO REPAINT HARVEST HOUSE, replace broken windows yet fantasize about rebuilding Zimbabwe! What errant nonsense is that?' MDC-T VP Gutu.
- 'Mnangagwa has warned his nephew 'Queen Bee' Tagwirei, against withholding Command Agriculture fuel'
- BASIC INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE LEAVING EARTH (BIBLE) 34 FEAR-Psalm 56:3 'When I am afraid, I put my trust in you'.
- BREAKING NEWS: MDC-T Alliance principal Tendai Biti has this morning been convicted of contravening the Electoral Act, by magistrate Ms Gloria Takundwa
Mnangagwa disclosed that the government would meet all funeral and burial expenses, as well as medical costs for the more than 40 people who were also injured in the explosion.
This came as State security agencies yesterday said they had not yet established the source of the explosion, with the stadium still sealed off.
“The investigations are still ongoing, and no arrests have been made,” national police spokesperson Senior Assistant Commissioner Charity Charamba said.
Sadc, the United Nations, Zanu PF, the opposition, civic society groups and the clergy have roundly condemned the attack as an act of terror.
In a related development, Zanu PF politburo member, Joshua Malinga yesterday dismissed reports that he was left stranded after his personal aide fled the scene of explosion.
Malinga, who is Mnangagwa’s adviser on disability, remained glued to his wheelchair as other top party and State security officials scurried for safety during the blast.
“My personal aide, Intelligence Masuku, dropped down, then woke up and came to my rescue. My security also was at my rescue. I was not injured on the day. I am well, I have no scratch,” he said.