- ZANU-PF DEPLOYS ex ministers who were dropped from Cabinet to the party headquarters where they will take up full-time jobs.
- AFTER SEIZING, G40 kingpins Jonathan Moyo and Robert Zhuwawo farms, state seizes Kasukuwere's Concorpia Farm in Mazowe.
- CHAMISA 'holed up' at Matapi Police Station as dozens of Mbare residents were attacked by machete wielding Zanu-PF youths, baying for his blood
- AN army camp commandant, Luxwell Ngara (51) responsible for the maintenance of the Defence House, arrested by Zacc charged with fraud.
- HARARE COUNCIL failing to provide clean water to the residents suspends three senior water engineers
Econet Wireless handed letters of dismissal to several workers between Monday and yesterday, informing them to immediately stop reporting for duty since their contracts have been cancelled.
Econet said in the letter titled: “Termination of employment contract on notice” signed by chief human resources officer Innocent Magaya that the affected workers would be paid their dues on or before July 31.
“This letter serves to inform you that the business has decided to terminate your employment contract on notice,” said Magaya in the letter.
“This is not a dismissal, but rather the exercise of our right under common law which allows either party to terminate the employment contract on notice.
“Notwithstanding the effective date of the termination, you are hereby directed not to report for work with immediate effect (that is on receipt of this termination letter). Further, in terms of both your contract and the Labour Act, the company has opted to pay you cash in lieu of notice.” Econet declined to comment on the letters. – Source-bulawayo24