- 'Zimbabweans don’t read are ill informed: US sanctions are not for human rights violations but super power interests'-Trevor Ncube (AMH)Alpha Media Holdings boss
- BREAKING NEWS: LAWYER COLTART ARRESTED with protesting Amalgamated Rural Teachers Union of Zimbabwe leaders
- BREAKING NEWS: LAWYER COLTART ARRESTED with protesting Amalgamated Rural Teachers Union of Zimbabwe leaders.
- 'A UK-based Zimbabwean woman was found lying in a pool of blood with multiple stab wounds, inflicted allegedly by her husband.'
- High Court has cleared Kasukuwere after ruling that charges filed by prosecutors did not disclose an offence.
Econet Wireless handed letters of dismissal to several workers between Monday and yesterday, informing them to immediately stop reporting for duty since their contracts have been cancelled.
Econet said in the letter titled: “Termination of employment contract on notice” signed by chief human resources officer Innocent Magaya that the affected workers would be paid their dues on or before July 31.
“This letter serves to inform you that the business has decided to terminate your employment contract on notice,” said Magaya in the letter.
“This is not a dismissal, but rather the exercise of our right under common law which allows either party to terminate the employment contract on notice.
“Notwithstanding the effective date of the termination, you are hereby directed not to report for work with immediate effect (that is on receipt of this termination letter). Further, in terms of both your contract and the Labour Act, the company has opted to pay you cash in lieu of notice.” Econet declined to comment on the letters. – Source-bulawayo24