- A HARARE woman Stella Kwanisai (31), claimed maintenance from two men for the same child using two birth certificates.
- SIX POACHERS JAILED NINE YEARS EACH for illegal possession of two pieces of ivory weighing 37 kg worth US$9 250.
- ZANU PF YOUTH LEAGUE HAS ANNOUNCED the suspension of former home affairs minister, Obert Mpofu and banned him along with several others from Zanu pf offices.
- FINANCE MINISTER MTHULI NCUBE has outlawed the use of US Dollar, Rand and all foreign currency as legal tender with effect from today, the 24th June 2019.
- FORMER BRITAIN DEPUTY PM LORD John prescott has been hospitalised after suffering a stroke.
Police in Mudzi, Mashonaland East province, have launched a manhunt for a local man who allegedly went berserk, breaking into villagers’ homes demanding money before axing them.
Four villagers were left hospitalised after the suspect, Simbarashe Chinyamwaka (25) of Chikwanda village under Chief Chimukoko, ran amok and axed them within a short period of time.
Mashonaland East provincial police spokesperson Inspector Tendai Mwanza confirmed the incident and said the victims were admitted at Kotwa District Hospital, where they were in a stable condition.
“I confirm receiving a report of an attempted murder case in which a Mudzi man allegedly axed four villagers,” Mwanza said.
“The suspect was not located and is believed to have crossed over to neighbouring Mozambique. Police are appealing to anyone with any information on his whereabouts to report to any nearest police station.”
According to police, on June 5 at around 3am, Chinyamwaka allegedly attacked Silas Svovera (27) and his brother Simon (22).
He then proceeded to the homestead of Kadzinga Kasayawa (65), where he demanded cash and hit him in the forehead. He later attacked 59-year-old Stella Chaiseva while she was sleeping.
The suspect demanded money from her before striking her with an axe on the head.
The matter was reported at Kotwa Police Station. All complainants were referred to Kotwa District Hospital for medical examination.
Three of the complainants were admitted at the hospital, while Simon was treated and discharged. Source – newsday
INFORMATION IS POWER!-Thank you for the support. Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to firstname.lastname@example.org ,linkedin.com/in/sibusiso-ngwenya-563a572b or whatsapp to Mr Sibusiso Ngwenya 0044 79 3 9100534 for publication on the constantly growing online groups, currently standing as follows
1)Zimbabwe News 4 us Zimbabweans 202,896
2)ZIMBABWE NEWS, BUILDING A PROSPEROUS POST 2018 VISION 32,207 Members
3) New Zimbabwe Vision group 18,706 members
4) Newzimbabwevision.com website 22,798 likes
https://www.facebook.com/sibusiso.ngwenya.967 Followed by 12,321 people