- 'WIFI FOR GOATS, sphaghetti roads 40 min flight to Harare yet MDC local roads are a mess under illegitimate MDC president Chamisa'-VP Chiwenga
- PARLIAMENT business ground to an abrupt halt yesterday after MDC MPs were evicted from Harare hotel rooms to pave way for Zanu PF delegates booked in the same facilities for the duration of their party conference in Goromonzi, 32km south-east of the capital.
- 'ILLEGITIMATE President Mnangagwa has removed Chief Ndiweni, blocked his allowances and ordered that his vehicle must be withdrawn from him as he is not the legitimate Chief'
- Members of the Zimbabwe Republic Police are reported to have gone on the rampage as randomly assaulting the public in Harare on Thursday night Human Rights Lawyer Douglas Coltart has reported.
- Faced with food shortage, drugs and medical and psychiatric doctors, Ingutsheni mental health hospital in Bulawayo will tomorrow get an early Christimas after a group of well-wishers promised to donate goods to the institution.
The appointment is with immediate effect.
Moyo posted on his official Facebook account this morning:
“Comrades, yesterday (Monday) the Chief Secretary to the President and Cabinet Dr Misheck Sibanda announced my appointment by President Robert Mugabe to be Commissioner of the Zimbabwe Electoral Commission. The appointment is with immediate effect”.
His post has attacked scores of goodwill congratulatory messages from political activists to journalists.
MDC Legal secretary David Coltart said, “I hope your first job will be to see that the electoral Act and Constitution is complied with – and in particular that political parties are provided with an electronic copy of the roll, which they have been denied unlawfully for so long. Your honour and integrity depend on this – I trust that if you find that you are not being listened to that you will then do the honourable thing and resign.
“The ZEC at present is a soiled, partisan, compromised body and your work is going to be cut out for you in changing it. If you remain silent then you will be perceived as just another appendage of a corrupt, brutal regime which has no respect for the rule of law or the will of the people”.
Former MDC-T Harare councillor Warship Dumba said “What is your pledge to the Zimbabwean people? What can we expect as your contribution towards making Zec a truly independent and credible electoral entity? Makorokoto, Amhlophe, Congratulations”
Herald editor, Caesar Zvayi was brief. He said “Makorokoto Commissioner”.
In March Parliament, interviewed candidates shortlisted as ZEC commissioners.
Of the 12 candidates shortlisted for two vacant posts at Zec, 10 turned up for the interviews.
They included Qhubani Moyo Bernard Chahuruva, Chakanyuka Karase, Jacob Gonese, Patrick Huni, Wenceslaus Mudyanadzo, Tayengwa Mutswe, Rukudzo Murapa, Paul Sambo, and John Saungweme. by Thobekile Zhou. Source: Byo24News