- BETWEEN 50 000 AND 100 000 ZIMBABWEANS WILL DIE OF CORONAVIRUS in the next months, Bulawayo Mpilo Clinical Director Solwayo Ngwenya has foretold.
- INFORMATION MINISTRY PERMANANT SECRETARY NICK MANGWANA has hinted at a total lockdown of Harare and Bulawayo following a spike in Covid-19 positive cases in the two cities.
- A SENIOR Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) Bulawayo, manager died on Sunday after being diagnosed with Coronavirus.
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER, NELSON CHAMISA IN media backlash after addressing his inaugural e-rally using Shona language and failing to be inclusive. on Sunday.
- A POLICE OFFICER , Constable Cosmas Kwangwari, based at Chivhu Police Station died on the spot on Friday after he was run over by a haulage truck which had six passengers on board and was evading a roadblock at the 136-kilometre peg along the Harare-Masvingo Highway.ble
The appointment is with immediate effect.
Moyo posted on his official Facebook account this morning:
“Comrades, yesterday (Monday) the Chief Secretary to the President and Cabinet Dr Misheck Sibanda announced my appointment by President Robert Mugabe to be Commissioner of the Zimbabwe Electoral Commission. The appointment is with immediate effect”.
His post has attacked scores of goodwill congratulatory messages from political activists to journalists.
MDC Legal secretary David Coltart said, “I hope your first job will be to see that the electoral Act and Constitution is complied with – and in particular that political parties are provided with an electronic copy of the roll, which they have been denied unlawfully for so long. Your honour and integrity depend on this – I trust that if you find that you are not being listened to that you will then do the honourable thing and resign.
“The ZEC at present is a soiled, partisan, compromised body and your work is going to be cut out for you in changing it. If you remain silent then you will be perceived as just another appendage of a corrupt, brutal regime which has no respect for the rule of law or the will of the people”.
Former MDC-T Harare councillor Warship Dumba said “What is your pledge to the Zimbabwean people? What can we expect as your contribution towards making Zec a truly independent and credible electoral entity? Makorokoto, Amhlophe, Congratulations”
Herald editor, Caesar Zvayi was brief. He said “Makorokoto Commissioner”.
In March Parliament, interviewed candidates shortlisted as ZEC commissioners.
Of the 12 candidates shortlisted for two vacant posts at Zec, 10 turned up for the interviews.
They included Qhubani Moyo Bernard Chahuruva, Chakanyuka Karase, Jacob Gonese, Patrick Huni, Wenceslaus Mudyanadzo, Tayengwa Mutswe, Rukudzo Murapa, Paul Sambo, and John Saungweme. by Thobekile Zhou. Source: Byo24News