- BREAKING NEWS: High Court judge Christopher Dube-Banda orders VP Rtd Chiwenga ordered to return children to his estranged wife, Marry Mubaiwa-Chiwenga within 24 hours
- ZANU-PF DEPLOYS ex ministers who were dropped from Cabinet to the party headquarters where they will take up full-time jobs.
- AFTER SEIZING, G40 kingpins Jonathan Moyo and Robert Zhuwawo farms, state seizes Kasukuwere's Concorpia Farm in Mazowe.
- CHAMISA 'holed up' at Matapi Police Station as dozens of Mbare residents were attacked by machete wielding Zanu-PF youths, baying for his blood
- AN army camp commandant, Luxwell Ngara (51) responsible for the maintenance of the Defence House, arrested by Zacc charged with fraud.
The appointment is with immediate effect.
Moyo posted on his official Facebook account this morning:
“Comrades, yesterday (Monday) the Chief Secretary to the President and Cabinet Dr Misheck Sibanda announced my appointment by President Robert Mugabe to be Commissioner of the Zimbabwe Electoral Commission. The appointment is with immediate effect”.
His post has attacked scores of goodwill congratulatory messages from political activists to journalists.
MDC Legal secretary David Coltart said, “I hope your first job will be to see that the electoral Act and Constitution is complied with – and in particular that political parties are provided with an electronic copy of the roll, which they have been denied unlawfully for so long. Your honour and integrity depend on this – I trust that if you find that you are not being listened to that you will then do the honourable thing and resign.
“The ZEC at present is a soiled, partisan, compromised body and your work is going to be cut out for you in changing it. If you remain silent then you will be perceived as just another appendage of a corrupt, brutal regime which has no respect for the rule of law or the will of the people”.
Former MDC-T Harare councillor Warship Dumba said “What is your pledge to the Zimbabwean people? What can we expect as your contribution towards making Zec a truly independent and credible electoral entity? Makorokoto, Amhlophe, Congratulations”
Herald editor, Caesar Zvayi was brief. He said “Makorokoto Commissioner”.
In March Parliament, interviewed candidates shortlisted as ZEC commissioners.
Of the 12 candidates shortlisted for two vacant posts at Zec, 10 turned up for the interviews.
They included Qhubani Moyo Bernard Chahuruva, Chakanyuka Karase, Jacob Gonese, Patrick Huni, Wenceslaus Mudyanadzo, Tayengwa Mutswe, Rukudzo Murapa, Paul Sambo, and John Saungweme. by Thobekile Zhou. Source: Byo24News