- Starving Beitbridge doctor, begs for food.
- FULL TEXT: 'I AM SORRY FOR WORKING with ZANU PF' former Deputy Minister in the Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education, Science and Technology Development, Gandawa apologises I
- MDC-T INTERIM LEADERSHIP DECISION TO EXPELL Nelson Chamisa from the party , means Chamisa cannot compete for MDC leadership at extraordinary congress scheduled for 31 July 2020
- Ex (Zimra) officer Nyatoti US$150 000 mansion and US$10 000 car forfeited to the State after he and his divorced wife failed to explain how they could afford these property.
- MDC-T INTERIM LEADER DR THOKOZANI KHUPE HAS DISMISSED NELSON CHAMISA from the opposition party for defying a court ruling that nullified his leadership of the party and ordered that the organisation reverts to its 2014 structures.
President Mugabe yesterday visited the Mutaisi family home in Mbare, Harare, to console them following the death of his cousin, Mrs Getrude Karigamombe-Mutaisi. President Mugabe was accompanied by First Lady Dr Grace Mugabe, and Information, Media and Broadcasting Services Minister Dr Chris Mushohwe. Mrs Mutaisi died yesterday morning at Parirenyatwa Group of Hospitals, after battling cervical cancer for the past year.
President Mugabe described Mrs Mutaisi as a principled and hardworking woman. “Mwana ange akatwasanuka patsika dzake,” said the President. “Kuda chitendero; muRoma wechokwadi! Ange akashinga pabasa rake samai. Akange asina guhwa.
“Takagara naye kuno tikave neruzivo rwekuti haasi munhu wekunyeya-nyeya vamwe. Ndange ndisingamuone kakawanda, asi ndakange ndichingomuyeka. “Aingovewo netsika dzakaita sedzemwana wekwaZvimba. Ndinofunga kuti kugarisana nevamwe kwange kwakanaka. Handifunge kuti pakugarisana nevamwe kuno, ange aine bopoto. Ange achida kugara achinzwanana nekugara pasina kutukana.”
Added President Mugabe: “Wakasiiwa nemurume — ange ave shirikadzi. Ndongokumbira kuvana vasara munova nherera. Tose ndozvatiri. Vaunoti amai, amai rinosvika zuva raunoti amai vaenda. Baba, baba vakatorwa ndivo vakatungamira. Nhasi vaenda mai — vose vaenda masara mega. Mai vaida kurima. Asi aimboshanda.
“Hamheno kuti akange aritaya here? Tose tichatevera. Vafanotigadzirira. Tinochema kuti hanzvadzi yangu yaenda, asi tinotenda zvikuru mose nekuuya kwamaita. Mwari ndiye anotitora tose kana zuva racho rasvika.”
Family spokesperson and son to Mrs Mutaisi, Mr Arthur Mutaisi, described the death of his mother as a huge loss to the family. He said his mother was a unifier and hardworking woman.
“She was a good mother and like what the President has said, she was a hardworking person,” he said. “She was a reserved person and a family unifier. She was also involved in politics, and she was one of the pioneers of the Zanu-PF Women’s League together with the late Amai Sally Mugabe and Sabina Mugabe.
“She looked after comrades (freedom fighters) at this house during the liberation struggle, and one of them is the Commissioner-General of the Zimbabwe Prisons and Correctional Services Retired Major-General Paradzai Zimondi.”
Mr Mutaisi said his mother will be buried at Warren Hills Cemetery tomorrow. “Tomorrow (today), there will be a church service in the morning before her body is taken to her farm in Darwendale and it will be ferried back here in the evening.
“She will be buried at Warren Hills cemetery on Wednesday (tomorrow). She has been battling cervical cancer since last year. It got worse in March this year, and in the past three days, she was in serious pain. “A private doctor who diagnosed her said her lungs were also affected and only the kidneys were spared,” he said.
Mrs Mutaisi was born in 1949 in Zvimba. She is survived by three children — Arthur, Tawanda and Constance. source-herald