- NATIONAL CHAIRMAN: MORGAN KOMICHI announces removal of Chamisa as President and that all suspensions and dismissals of any party member by the current leadership between February 2018 and today are null and void.
- POLICE BESEIGED MDC HQ in Harare and barred officials from accessing the offices pending a Supreme court judgment to determine the rightful President of the party.
- BREAKING NEWS: SUPREME COURT RULES MDC Chamisa is not the legitimate President of the party and that Thokozani Khupe is the party's interim president
- Long-serving Zimpapers Masvingo Correspondent Walter Mswazie ,45 died from kidney failure at Makurira Memorial Clinic today.
- TENS OF THOUSANDS OF BRITONS stranded abroad by the coronavirus will be flown home under a new arrangement between the government and airlines.
World Boxing Council welterweight champion Charles Manyuchi yesterday received $50 000 cash from President Robert Mugabe as a reward for defending his title.
The Masvingo-born boxer successfully defended his title when he dismantled Italian Gianculla Frezza in the sixth round in Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy, a fortnight ago.
Manyuchi was handed the money stockpiled in an envelope, at a function at State House.
In his speech President Mugabe said, ““Charles, congratulations, you did the nation proud and keep on flying our flag higher and higher until you reach that planet that they say they recently discovered which they say is close in features to our Earth and they say it has water to drink.” source-Newsday Zimbabwe.
photo-President Robert Mugabe playfully throws punches at Charles Manyuchi while the world welterweight boxing champion’s wife Fariro Rutendo Hove and Harare Metropolitan Provincial minister Miriam Chikukwa look on at State House on July 30-Aaaron Ufumeli-Newsday Zimbabwe.