- ZINDZI MANDELA (59) , DAUGHTER OF THE LATE Nelson Mandela and Winnie Madikizela-Mandela and also the South African ambassador to Denmark has died.
- MDC-Alliance leader Advocate Nelson Chamisa has appointed his deputy Professor Welshman Ncube as acting party president with immediate effect.
- ZNA Brighton Matura murdered his girlfriend Fungayi Tendayi and shot himself to death on Wednesday morning at Nyimo shopping centre in Sanyati.
- TWO MURDER ACCUSED INDIVIDUALS INCLUDING THE son of former Midlands Provincial Affairs minister Jason Machaya, Foster, died in a car crash on Wednesday night along the Gweru-Mvuma Road in an accident that also claimed the life of a popular Gweru gold baron who was awaiting trial for murder.
- JUST LIKE AT TSVANGIRAI'S FUNREAL IN 2018, TEMPERS ONCE AGAIN FLARED up from he rowdy, violent MDC youth in Gutu, when Khuphe, arrived to pay her last respects to the MDC Alliance leader Nelson Chamisa was burying his late mother in Gutu on Tuesday.
World Boxing Council welterweight champion Charles Manyuchi yesterday received $50 000 cash from President Robert Mugabe as a reward for defending his title.
The Masvingo-born boxer successfully defended his title when he dismantled Italian Gianculla Frezza in the sixth round in Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy, a fortnight ago.
Manyuchi was handed the money stockpiled in an envelope, at a function at State House.
In his speech President Mugabe said, ““Charles, congratulations, you did the nation proud and keep on flying our flag higher and higher until you reach that planet that they say they recently discovered which they say is close in features to our Earth and they say it has water to drink.” source-Newsday Zimbabwe.
photo-President Robert Mugabe playfully throws punches at Charles Manyuchi while the world welterweight boxing champion’s wife Fariro Rutendo Hove and Harare Metropolitan Provincial minister Miriam Chikukwa look on at State House on July 30-Aaaron Ufumeli-Newsday Zimbabwe.