- 'CHAMISA is responsible for opposition problems because of his alleged dictatorial style of leadership'
- 3National Railways of ZIMBABWE workers died last night in train crash between Mutare and Machipanda
- ZANU-PF initiates MNANGAGWA third term in office campaign
- 'I and my family are Zanu- PF and will not donate to opposition '-Chivayo
- Jailed Russian Alexei Navalny an opposition leader, has died
The Ebola haemorrhagic fever that devastated three West African countries since its outbreak left more than 11 000 people dead and affected more than 27 000 others.
President Mugabe, who chairs the African Union (AU) and SADC, is accompanied to New York by the First Lady Dr Grace Mugabe, Foreign Affairs Minister Simbarashe Mumbengegwi, Health and Child Care Minister David Parirenyatwa, Finance Minister Patrick Chinamasa, Presidential Spokesperson George Charamba and senior government officials.
UN Secretary General Ban ki-Moon is hosting the International Ebola Recovery Conference as part of efforts to ensure the affected countries receive resources and the necessary support that they require to overcome the Ebola outbreak.
Heads of state from Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia, the three countries most affected by Ebola, have been invited to the conference and President Mugabe has been invited as leader of the African continent.
On his departure, President Mugabe was seen off at the Harare International Airport by Vice President Phelekezela Mphoko, cabinet ministers, service chiefs and several government officials. Source: zbc