- ‘Let down by the system’: 6stone, severely ill emaciated man deemed fit for work by Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), dies
- CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE, PEACEFULLY SHUT DOWN ZIMBABWE and make it an ungovernable nation for President Emmerson Mnangagwa (76).
- ACCIDENT: 11 KILLED IN EASTER MONDAY ACCIDENT near Headlands as Sungano Yevapositori were travelling from their annual passover worship
- 'GENEVA. – DRAMATIC RISE TO 700% MEASLES IN AFRICA in the first three months of 2019' – World Health Organisation (WHO)
- PHOTOS: 'THANK YOU MNANGAGWA, Just out of courtesy, this is what US $1 Million looks like'- Wicknell Chivayo pictured with US$1 million in cash.
The Ebola haemorrhagic fever that devastated three West African countries since its outbreak left more than 11 000 people dead and affected more than 27 000 others.
President Mugabe, who chairs the African Union (AU) and SADC, is accompanied to New York by the First Lady Dr Grace Mugabe, Foreign Affairs Minister Simbarashe Mumbengegwi, Health and Child Care Minister David Parirenyatwa, Finance Minister Patrick Chinamasa, Presidential Spokesperson George Charamba and senior government officials.
UN Secretary General Ban ki-Moon is hosting the International Ebola Recovery Conference as part of efforts to ensure the affected countries receive resources and the necessary support that they require to overcome the Ebola outbreak.
Heads of state from Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia, the three countries most affected by Ebola, have been invited to the conference and President Mugabe has been invited as leader of the African continent.
On his departure, President Mugabe was seen off at the Harare International Airport by Vice President Phelekezela Mphoko, cabinet ministers, service chiefs and several government officials. Source: zbc