- ACCIDENT-5DEAD, 11 injured in kombi crash after the driver lost control near Morgenster Mission Hospital Wednesday morning.
- NEWSDAY INTERVIEW WITH 'AIPPA/ POSA ARCHITECT self-exiled Jonathan Moyo, attempting to appear the victim of a coup that never was'
- MAN DETAINED, several people injured after a stabbing at London Bridge and armed police opening fire on a man following the incident on Friday afternoon just before 2pm.
- The Zimbabwe Hospital Doctors Association and the Senior Hospital Doctors Association have rejected the 48 hours moratorium to return to work.
- DISMISSED DOCTORS HAVE 48 HOURS TO RETURN TO WORK, without reapplying or being asked many questions according to President Mnangagwa
Speculation is now rife that Mugabe and his wife, are working to position Bona into earning a powerful political post, either as a cabinet minister or top diplomat in preparation for possible higher office, in case Grace fails to make it into a post-Mugabe presidium it is emerging.
Mugabe believes Bona is disciplined and has what it takes to master statecraft.
The dire situation of the young couple has been compounded by Bona’s failure to conceive a baby more than a year after getting married as a pure virgin, raising alarm, despondency and frustration with her in-laws, including the first family itself, which is said to be itching for a grandchild while they are still in power, insiders close to the couple said this week.
According to local traditional beliefs, it is largely expected for a bride to fall pregnant immediately after the marriage festivity, especially if she was not deflowered before, after a few attempts during honeymoon, an Elder in the Zimbabwe Assemblies of God Africa (Zaoga), who opened up on the issue when we first broke this story on 29 August 2014 said.
This conflict of interest and lack of synchronisation in priorities between the pair, has resulted in communication break-down at times, as Chikore is zeroing in on attempts at fatherhood, while Bona seems bent on giving in to the first family’s scheme of building a political power base for her, to complement her mother’s bid to become vice president or head of state should the political pendulum swing to her favour in 2018, the insiders revealed.
Only last month both Bona and Simba made a tacit admission that all was not “rosy” in their marriage as sometimes they could spend half a day without talking to each other, due to being fed up with one another.by Mary-Kate Kahari- Source-byo24