- PROVINCIAL CIO Intelligence Officer , Joseph Mbwanyo, passed away this morning after having tested for Coronavirus. In 7 days Zimbabwe has lost prominent figures including Keith Guzah, Norman Mataruka, Sam Malaba, Perrance Shiri and Colonel Mugwisi
- GLOBAL FINANCIERS SHUT OUT ZIMBABWE, AND THE MILITARISED MNANGAGWA ZANU PF
- BULAWAYO POLICE ABDUCT NOMAGUGU MATHUTHU, Zimlive EDITOR, MDUDUZI MATHUTHU'S SISTER ...to force Mduduzi out of hiding and hand himself over to the police.
- ZIMBABWE POLICE JUSTIFY EXPECTED SHOOTING OF CIVILIANS ON 31ST JULY BY CLAIMING -‘249 armed people threaten to burn fuel stations on Friday’
- PAC (PRESIDENTIAL ADVISORY COUNCIL), FORMER AGRIBANK CEO , Somkhosi Mahamba Temba Malaba has died.
MUTARE: A nine-year-old boy dragged his abusive mother to court after she assaulted him with a wooden stick, hosepipe and a silver pot.
Bridget Machayaya, 29, pleaded guilty to contravening a section of the Children’ Act when she appeared before magistrate Langton Mukwengi.
She was convicted for ill-treating a minor.
Machayaya will do 105 hours of community service at Chikanga primary school.
Asked why she committed the offence, Machayaya said: “Your Worship, my son is mischievous and I thought I was doing the right thing by disciplining him.”
Prosecutor Christina Mwenga told the court that on October 20, at around 13 00 hrs, the minor went to play with his friend but did not come back home until 20 00 hrs.
On his return, the boy sneaked into his room.
Machayaya then assaulted the boy with a wooden cooking spoon and a hosepipe all over the body.
She then reportedly hit the boy on the head with a silver pot. The boy sustained a swollen scalp, cut and painful back.
Machayaya did not take her son to the hospital.
The boy then made a report to the police the following day leading to Machayaya’s arrest. source-newzimbabwe