- US$98k fraud at Bulawayo milling company
- SHARE SWAP EXPOSES TAGWIREI'S vast web
- ZIMBABWE IS SET TO MISS OUT ON THE COVID-19 DEBT RELIEF specifically set aside by the European Union for African countries because of its bad debtor tag.
- VICE PRESIDENT CONSTANTINO CHIWENGA'S ESTRANGED WIFE Marry has filed an urgent High Court application seeking the release of her passport to allow her to receive urgent medical attention in South Africa. This comes after Marry was diagnosed with lymphoedema - a condition which her doctors describe as a build-up of fluids in body tissues that can no longer be drained, causing massive swelling.
- MDC ALLIANCE VICE PRESIDENT AND LAWYER TENDAI BITI WAS ARRESTED and charged with assault on Friday after attending a police station by appointment.
MUTARE: A nine-year-old boy dragged his abusive mother to court after she assaulted him with a wooden stick, hosepipe and a silver pot.
Bridget Machayaya, 29, pleaded guilty to contravening a section of the Children’ Act when she appeared before magistrate Langton Mukwengi.
She was convicted for ill-treating a minor.
Machayaya will do 105 hours of community service at Chikanga primary school.
Asked why she committed the offence, Machayaya said: “Your Worship, my son is mischievous and I thought I was doing the right thing by disciplining him.”
Prosecutor Christina Mwenga told the court that on October 20, at around 13 00 hrs, the minor went to play with his friend but did not come back home until 20 00 hrs.
On his return, the boy sneaked into his room.
Machayaya then assaulted the boy with a wooden cooking spoon and a hosepipe all over the body.
She then reportedly hit the boy on the head with a silver pot. The boy sustained a swollen scalp, cut and painful back.
Machayaya did not take her son to the hospital.
The boy then made a report to the police the following day leading to Machayaya’s arrest. source-newzimbabwe