- MDC vice-chair Sikhala has threatened to initiate constitutional processes to push out Mnangagwa's government from power as the economic turmoil and deteriorating social and political space in Zimbabwe could not be allowed to continue.
- SIX Mutoko parents and teachers were arrested on Thursday for staging a protest against the deterioration of standards in the education sector
- 'A Twin Farm , Dromoland, Zimbabwe farmer has been arrested for shooting and injuring his two neighbours for trespassing into his property'
- AN Inyathi farmer of Twin Farm in Dromoland, Zimbabwe has been arrested on charges of shooting and injuring his two neighbours for trespassing into his property
- 'RYANAIR BOSS Michael O'Leary branded 'racist' after suggesting Muslim men should face extra searches at airports. because Muslim men 'are more likely to be terrorists'
Chitungwiza town clerk George Makunde yesterday told parliamentarians that the US$4 500 monthly salary he was receiving from the local authority was not commensurate with the nature of his job.
Presenting oral evidence before the Parliamentary Portfolio Committee on Local Government, Public Works and National Housing, Makunde said government last year slashed his salary from US$10 000 to US$4 500, which he described as “not a living salary for a man with so much pressure””.
The town clerk told the committee that his financially-struggling council was sinking in debt and struggling to clear its salary backlog now estimated at US$17 million. – Source-newsday
photo-nehandaradio-Chitungwiza Town Clerk -George Makunde