- Zimbabwe is experiencing a new beginning aimed at achieving political and economic gain. The media are powerful growth accelerators if handled correctly and we the media have the power to bring positive change
- Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) has appointed Ms Faith Mazani as its new Commissioner-General with effect from 1 February 2018
- "MDC T being the largest opposition must lead by example in picking a leader. As per MDC T Constitution elect leaders at Congress and not handpick them?'-Temba Mliswa
- It is reported that Movement for Democratic Change (MDC T) treasurer, former Chimanimani member of parliament Roy Bennett and his wife‚ Heather‚ died today in a helicopter crash in Canada.
- The coup, named Operation Restore Legacy, was about keeping the Joint Operation Command Junta in power at all cost
Dr Mujuru is reported to have tied the knot with one Tobias Machewa believed to be from Nyanga.
In a statement, NPP secretary general Gift Nyandoro described the post as misguided thinking.
“The mischievous social media post which suggests that Dr JTR Mujuru tied the knot is an act of misguided thinking and a deliberate ploy to create ill-conceived controversy around the good standing of her name.
“Clearly the person who made the posting is simply abusing the similarity of looks of mother Zimbabwe to that of the lady depicted therein.
“Dr Mujuru did not tie the knot with anyone and she is not associated with the couple appearing in the post in anyway.
“NPP however wishes the couple depicted in the post the best of marriage blessings if indeed it’s real that the tying of the knot ever happened,” reads the statement.
The statement follows the circulation of a picture of a woman (who turns out to be a Mai Mujuru look-a-like) in a wedding gown with a presumed groom by her side.
Source – hmetro