- A SENIOR Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) Bulawayo, manager died on Sunday after being diagnosed with Coronavirus.
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER, NELSON CHAMISA IN media backlash after addressing his inaugural e-rally using Shona language and failing to be inclusive. on Sunday.
- A POLICE OFFICER , Constable Cosmas Kwangwari, based at Chivhu Police Station died on the spot on Friday after he was run over by a haulage truck which had six passengers on board and was evading a roadblock at the 136-kilometre peg along the Harare-Masvingo Highway.ble
- NELSON CHAMISA THE MDC ALLIANCE PRESIDENT, has promised to block Zimbabwe's 2023 national elections if necessary political and electoral reforms are not implemented.
- VICE PRESIDENT MOHADI SAYS, 'We got our independence from Britain, but the white man never gave us Black Natives, knowledge on how to run our economy,'... Interesting!
Describing it as “an otherwise peaceful and disciplined team of MDC youths”, Lovemore Chinoputsa, the secretary-general of the MDC Youth Assembly, said the Vanguard “has since been disbanded on the orders of the national council, the party’s supreme decision-making body in between congresses.”
Chinoputsa claimed the Vanguard was disbanded soon after the “unfortunate incidences” of intra-party violence in Buhera at the burial of the late MDC leader Morgan Tsvangirai, who died on Valentines Day.
“The Vanguard was a team of youths that went about peaceful drills at party events but was misinterpreted by political detractors as a violent outfit. On the orders of the party leadership, the Vanguard was disbanded. What is missed is that the Vanguard was not a terrorist or military term but rather it is leftist diction that refers to ideologically correct party cadres. In any case, the Vanguard was not an armed outfit,” he said. Source – dailynews