- 3National Railways of ZIMBABWE workers died last night in train crash between Mutare and Machipanda
- ZANU-PF initiates MNANGAGWA third term in office campaign
- 'I and my family are Zanu- PF and will not donate to opposition '-Chivayo
- Jailed Russian Alexei Navalny an opposition leader, has died
- 2 South Africa soldiers killed, 2 wounded in DRC (SADC) training.
THE new Miss Zimbabwe, Annie-Grace Mutambu, escaped an apparent kidnap attempt Friday night during which she was assaulted and robbed of a laptop and mobile phone.
The incident occurred in Harare’s Craneborne suburb and relatives said the beauty queen was bruised and recovering at home.
Mutambu recently took over the poisoned Miss Zimbabwe chalice after Emily Kachote was dethroned over nude photos reportedly leaked by a former lover.
Kachote’s predecessor was also mired in similar controversy.
Meanwhile, family members said Annie-Grace, who was crowned Friday, escaped what appeared to be a kidnap attempt a few hours later.
Her mother, Ellen Mutambu, explained what happened to the Sunday Mail.
“She (Annie-Grace) left home to collect her laptop from a cousin, who lives close to our house. Her younger sister wanted to use the laptop for her homework.
“On their way back, they saw a vehicle parked along Munroe Road. Three men disembarked, asked for directions and assaulted them.
“They wanted to kidnap her because they tried to drag her to their car, but the younger girl jumped onto her back and held her tightly. The two fell to the ground and the robbers continued assaulting them.
“A Good Samaritan heard their screams and the trio rushed back to their car, fleeing with the laptop and cellphone.”
Police said investigations were continuing. source-newzimbabwe
photo-New Miss Zimbabwe, ‘Annie-Grace Mutambu: Mafaro