- 25 DEAD, 60 INJURED AFTER GUNMEN OPENED FIRE ON AN IRANIAN MILITARY PARADE- Gunmen have opened fire on an Iranian military parade in the south-western city of Ahvaz, killing at least 25 people, including civilians, and injuring 60, state media say
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER NELSON CHAMISA has ordered Victoria Falls mayor Somvelo Dhlamini to step down.
- ZIMBABWE CIRCUS CONTINUES AS the Ambrose Mutinhiri-led National Patriotic Front has disbanded and its officials are rejoining Zanu-PF after realising that the events that led to the removal of the Robert Mugabe-led government in November last year were in the best interests of the country.
- VICE PRESIDENT RTD GEN CHIWENGA advised to sieze total Zimbabwe power at all costs amid reported growing suspicion by his personal military advisor and confidant, exiled and fallen Ethiopian autarch, Mengistu Haile Mariam,
- 'ACCIDENT: A Guruve bound, Mhofu kombi reportedly overturned in Guruve and six people died this morning at about 8am'
THE new Miss Zimbabwe, Annie-Grace Mutambu, escaped an apparent kidnap attempt Friday night during which she was assaulted and robbed of a laptop and mobile phone.
The incident occurred in Harare’s Craneborne suburb and relatives said the beauty queen was bruised and recovering at home.
Mutambu recently took over the poisoned Miss Zimbabwe chalice after Emily Kachote was dethroned over nude photos reportedly leaked by a former lover.
Kachote’s predecessor was also mired in similar controversy.
Meanwhile, family members said Annie-Grace, who was crowned Friday, escaped what appeared to be a kidnap attempt a few hours later.
Her mother, Ellen Mutambu, explained what happened to the Sunday Mail.
“She (Annie-Grace) left home to collect her laptop from a cousin, who lives close to our house. Her younger sister wanted to use the laptop for her homework.
“On their way back, they saw a vehicle parked along Munroe Road. Three men disembarked, asked for directions and assaulted them.
“They wanted to kidnap her because they tried to drag her to their car, but the younger girl jumped onto her back and held her tightly. The two fell to the ground and the robbers continued assaulting them.
“A Good Samaritan heard their screams and the trio rushed back to their car, fleeing with the laptop and cellphone.”
Police said investigations were continuing. source-newzimbabwe
photo-New Miss Zimbabwe, ‘Annie-Grace Mutambu: Mafaro