- ZINARA lays off 250 employees, while another 96 terminations are currently being processed according to Zinara board chair, Michael Madana
- 2 Student nurses in a unit for the mentally infirm, jailed for stoning and filming distressed patients on their mobiles
- GOVERNMENT DISMISSES EX-VP MPHOKO'S US$300 000 in pension benefits claim as the Public Service Commission (PSC) says Mphoko will only be paid his pension in local currency ZWL$ and should not expect any other benefits.
- MARRY CHIWENGA SPILLS THE BEANS: VICE PRESIDENT CHIWENGA'S ESTRANGED WIFE , Marry, jells court that the retired army general harbours an ambition to take over the presidency and Chiwenga registered all assets in his relatives’ names in an effort to avoid sanctions that were imposed on him by the United States government.
- TWO TONNES- 92 BAGS/ 2 tonnes of mbanje/ cannabis/ wacky tobacco/ weed found at Forbes Border Post in a truck from Malawi, driver fled
THE new Miss Zimbabwe, Annie-Grace Mutambu, escaped an apparent kidnap attempt Friday night during which she was assaulted and robbed of a laptop and mobile phone.
The incident occurred in Harare’s Craneborne suburb and relatives said the beauty queen was bruised and recovering at home.
Mutambu recently took over the poisoned Miss Zimbabwe chalice after Emily Kachote was dethroned over nude photos reportedly leaked by a former lover.
Kachote’s predecessor was also mired in similar controversy.
Meanwhile, family members said Annie-Grace, who was crowned Friday, escaped what appeared to be a kidnap attempt a few hours later.
Her mother, Ellen Mutambu, explained what happened to the Sunday Mail.
“She (Annie-Grace) left home to collect her laptop from a cousin, who lives close to our house. Her younger sister wanted to use the laptop for her homework.
“On their way back, they saw a vehicle parked along Munroe Road. Three men disembarked, asked for directions and assaulted them.
“They wanted to kidnap her because they tried to drag her to their car, but the younger girl jumped onto her back and held her tightly. The two fell to the ground and the robbers continued assaulting them.
“A Good Samaritan heard their screams and the trio rushed back to their car, fleeing with the laptop and cellphone.”
Police said investigations were continuing. source-newzimbabwe
photo-New Miss Zimbabwe, ‘Annie-Grace Mutambu: Mafaro