- COVID-19 mothers can still breastfeed as benefits outweighed the potential risks of transmitting the virus to children-(WHO)
- TANZANIA GOVERNMENT OFFICIALLY BANS ALL SOCIAL MEDIA OUTLETS broadcasting foreign content without government permission.
- A LIBERATION WAR VET GROUP who feel they are entitled to all and no one else is, ..its chaos,..welcome to Zimbabwe!
- 150 YEARS AGO DURING THE COLONISATION ERA, the farm masters would leave their spare pairs of specs on a rock and tell the natives, 'Im sailing back to England for 6 months but my eyes sitting on that rock in the field will be watching you 24/7.
- UNITED NATIONS SAYS IT IS FOLLOWING THE ZIMBABWE CRISIS WITH CONCERN, urging Harare to respect human rights amid pressure for the matter to be tabled at the global meeting.
THE new Miss Zimbabwe, Annie-Grace Mutambu, escaped an apparent kidnap attempt Friday night during which she was assaulted and robbed of a laptop and mobile phone.
The incident occurred in Harare’s Craneborne suburb and relatives said the beauty queen was bruised and recovering at home.
Mutambu recently took over the poisoned Miss Zimbabwe chalice after Emily Kachote was dethroned over nude photos reportedly leaked by a former lover.
Kachote’s predecessor was also mired in similar controversy.
Meanwhile, family members said Annie-Grace, who was crowned Friday, escaped what appeared to be a kidnap attempt a few hours later.
Her mother, Ellen Mutambu, explained what happened to the Sunday Mail.
“She (Annie-Grace) left home to collect her laptop from a cousin, who lives close to our house. Her younger sister wanted to use the laptop for her homework.
“On their way back, they saw a vehicle parked along Munroe Road. Three men disembarked, asked for directions and assaulted them.
“They wanted to kidnap her because they tried to drag her to their car, but the younger girl jumped onto her back and held her tightly. The two fell to the ground and the robbers continued assaulting them.
“A Good Samaritan heard their screams and the trio rushed back to their car, fleeing with the laptop and cellphone.”
Police said investigations were continuing. source-newzimbabwe
photo-New Miss Zimbabwe, ‘Annie-Grace Mutambu: Mafaro